Focus: Eliminating Distractions for Enhanced…

Focus: Eliminating Distractions for Enhanced Spiritual Vision

by Margie Fleurant

431,664,912 (5)None

No tags.

Focus written by Margie Fleurant is a book to help the read identify what distractions they have in their lives that is hurting their spiritual life. The book contains ten enemies of our spiritual walk.

Offense is holding on to hurts instead of letting them go.
People-Pleasing is trying to please other people, rather than pleasing God.
Self-Absorption is focusing on our inabilities, rather than believing God is powerful enough to help us overcome them.
Focus On The Past is one of the man distractions we have. Satan loves to remind us of our past hurts and failures. God forgives our past.
The Easy Road is accepting what is good, doing small things. God has called us to do great things, more than we could ever imagine.
The Noise Of The Enemy is paying attention to troubling thoughts we have. Are these our thoughts are those from the devil.
Discouragement comes to us when things happen in our lives to get in the way of accomplishing our goals. Putting our hope in Jesus enables us to get past this and focus on our destiny.
The Treasures Of The World and focusing on money gets in the way of the true riches we get from God. Many people spend their lives striving to make more money to buy more things, but they are not happy because of it and they want more.
Reliance On Our Own Works is focusing on doing good works rather than spending time with God.
Weariness happens when we become overwhelmed by difficulties in our lives. We need to take time to rest our physical bodies to stay healthy and we much put our trust and faith in God for complete rest.

This is a great book! The author uses scripture through out the book to support what she is say. There are so many places in this book that made me stop to think about my life and the stumbling blocks I have getting in the way of my spiritual journey. The author compares our spiritual journey to that of a runner training and focusing on running a race. We are not to let distractions get in our way or lose sight of our final destiny – our relationship with God.

I received a copy of the book from Book Club Network for an honest review. ( )
  eccl | Apr 17, 2016 |
I am glad I was able to read this book. I am one of those who allows distractions to keep me off focus. Sometimes I think I'm on the right path, and suddenly I'm going in another direction. This book was so inspiring to read. The author did a great job of targeting areas where we can lose our focus such as prayer time and reading the bible. The enemy loves to find ways to keep us away from God. He can use hurt, unforgiveness or simply thinking you don't have time to sit and read a few scriptures. It is time for us to focus and not let distractions keep us from our destiny.

"To fix our eyes on Jesus , we must do more than look for Him. We must look at Him." I loved the example the author gave about Mary. She sat and listened to Jesus as He spoke. Others thought she should be doing chores but her desire was to learn and be in His presence. We must learn to be as focused as Mary was. It didn't matter that there were other things that needed her attention. She took the time to listen to His words and benefited from her time with him. Thank you for writing a book that has encouraged me to be more focused on God and less on the worldly things that try to distract me.

I received a copy of this book from The BookClub Network for an honest review. ( )
  Harley0326 | Feb 13, 2016 |
Wow, with our daily lives being non stop this book is an amazing resource tool. As a mom of three boys I remember when they were young and it felt like an accomplishment just to have dinner together. This book shows us how we need to focus on tuning God in and leave the distractions behind. This book is well written and layed out perfectly for the lay person. Part one shows us how to restore are spiritual focus according to God's standards. In part two she goes over the common distractions that we as Christians are focusing too much on. Each chapter has multiple references to help us understand by the scriptures she used. Also at the end of the chapters you have a "Prayer of reflection". I recommend this book to anyone needing to take a moment and focus more on what is important, God and family.
I recieved this book from The BookClub Network for an honest review. ( )
  Penny_Burns_Marks | Feb 11, 2016 |

There are visions and dreams within you... waiting to be released. You have an important destiny to fulfill and a Kingdom assignment to complete! So, what’s holding you back? Distraction.

In an age of unending technological advancements, daily stress, and constant spiritual static from the enemy, the Holy Spirit is calling you to focus. Margie Fleurant shows you how to do this… practically and powerfully.

This doesn’t necessarily mean going to a monastery or taking a spiritual retreat. God is actually looking for something else. He wants you to learn how to be spiritually focused while living in a distracted world.

Receive empowering tools to:

Identify and eliminate common distractions… and keep your focus centered on GodTrain your spiritual senses to engage the unseen realm... and detect changes in spiritual atmospheresSharpen your ability to “tune in” to God… and speak prophetically with clarity and power
Focus protects you from those unfulfilling pursuits that are beneath your destiny in God. Learn to avoid the distractions, live mindful of your true identity, and experience eternal life... starting today!

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 11 Feb 2016 00:10:02 -0500)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,771,881 books! | Top bar: Always visible