The Hollows by Ben Larken

by Ben Larken

212,551,640 (2)None
Recently added bycctesttc1, baggman

No tags.

Where do I begin? First, I confirm that it’s the same book that the others have read. Yup, The Hollows by Ben Larken currently rated at 4.67 on Goodreads, one of the highest ratings that I’ve seen. Next, I sit before my keyboard in quiet contemplation, reflecting on the plot, characters and overall quality of the book that I have just completed. There is no doubt in my mind. I know what I must do.

This book was terrible! Begin with a plot that never develops, no . . . never even begins. The author offers no explanation as to how, or why this anomaly came about, or its ultimate goal. I assume that the author believes that you’re willing to spend money on a second book to find out what should have been, at least briefly, touched upon in the first installment. Throw in some characters that I defy you to tell me you care about. Characters that possess the depth and complexity of a Jim Henson character. Characters that mean absolutely nothing except, perhaps, in future books. Add some unimaginative, as well as annoying recurring terms like Present David and Past David and a couple of sub-events that make you say, “Whaaaaat?” and you have The Hollows.

This book was not frightening, not scary, certainly not note worthy. It was silly and juvenile. This is a story that Stephen King could have written in the 7th grade. A good book will draw you into the action, have you walking with the protagonist as he/she contemplates a course of action. It makes you wonder. The only thing that I wondered about was how someone could have possibly given this book five stars.
  baggman | Feb 11, 2016 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,198,559 books! | Top bar: Always visible