Mirror in the Forest: Book 1 by B. Groves

Mirror in the Forest: Book 1 (2015)

by B. Groves

105880,191 (2)None

This book had a lot of potential, but unfortunately it let me down. First, let me say that i found the theme of it very interesting.However, there were many problems with it, which made it hard to read. The book in it's entirety, is missing a lot of words.A LOT. Like in every page, sentences are cut off, or words are missing.That was annoying from pretty early on.The style in which it is written is very childlike.It felt like i was reading a book meant for young children rather than adults .Except it is meant to be for adults.The main character is supposed to be a straight A ,very smart student, but she is acting way too stupid from the very beginning.Come on, nobody can believe that a spirit that would harm people ,has your best interests at heart.Maybe if she was 12 instead of 17-18,i could believe it.I also found that the book was way too long, and not much really happened to justify the length. The whole story could have been said in one book consisting of 3 parts, rather than making it 3 books. The last 30 pages increased my interest, but that was not enough to give it a better rating. ( )
  jenny_acc | Nov 21, 2016 |
Mirror in the Forest: Book 1 by B. Groves

I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Mirror in the Forest has an interesting concept, but the book falls far short of expectations. The heroine is whiny while proclaiming how mature she is. There is a mid-20's elected officer of the law lusting after an 18 year old. None of the characters ends up being terribly sympathetic. Thematically the story covers and recovers the same ground several times over in an entirely unnecessary manner. The grammar and sentence structure is painful at times and the plot never fully makes sense. I think that the idea for a really great book is in there somewhere, but this book would benefit from the services of a large team of editors. ( )
  erinvanderleest | Sep 23, 2016 |
I tried, but I just couldn't read it. The grammar alone made me crazy. ( )
  mtlkch | Sep 9, 2016 |
Graphic sex, violence and some foul language. Demon possession, soul taking these are not story lines I want to read especially not by this author. I enjoy supernatural, fantasy and paranormal tales and there are many fine authors that include these storylines and I recommend you look to them for an enjoyable read. I can say that this story needs a good editor to correct the many format, spelling and typos that abound. I cannot recommend this book to anyone. What an absolute waste of my reading time. ( )
  Bettesbooks | Aug 28, 2016 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 151204265X, Paperback)

Something evil lurks deep in the forest of Leon's Crossing watching and waiting for his next victim. An evil who disguises himself as a guardian angel of sorts to lure the vulnerable into his trap. Jessica Winters is a socially awkward young woman from the fictional town of Leon's Crossing in Washington State. A nature lover at heart, she stumbles upon a mysterious mirror in the forest behind her home. As The Mirror comes alive before her very eyes, Jessica's life begins to change in more ways than one. The Sheriff of Leon's Crossing, Mark McKenzie, has a promising future in law enforcement. Despite his young age, he is well liked, and well respected by the residents of the small mountain town. Mark begins to investigate when unexplained events begin to happen while learning of the town's dark past. As Jessica and Mark's lives intertwine, Mark soon becomes suspicious that Jessica is harboring some very dark, and sinister secrets. Will Jessica's involvement with the mysterious mirror eventually drive a wedge between them, or even worse, destroy both of their lives? Thriller New Adult Romance Dark Bullying

(retrieved from Amazon Fri, 10 Jun 2016 06:06:19 -0400)

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

B. Groves's book Mirror In The Forest Book One was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

B. Groves is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,683,766 books! | Top bar: Always visible