Where the Deer Dwell by Dorothy Elizabeth…

Where the Deer Dwell

by Dorothy Elizabeth Gravelle

411,664,912 (5)None
Recently added bySamantha_D, vickiayala, Bertha_, Ermina

I usually don't read supernatural or fantasy or science fiction. But I was drawn to the giveaway and I made a commitment to reading if I won. I did!

I absolutely enjoyed this book. The characters were well developed and the world around was something I could "see." It's a wonderful idea to have the main character forced into this world that she would only be able to dream about otherwise. I also appreciate the amount of research that must have gone in to the writing of the book.

I want to thank the author, Dorothy Gravelle, and I believe she cares very much about sharing this book. The note enclosed with the book giveaway from Dorothy is very special. I usually pass on books right away after reading, but this one I'll hold on to for a little longer and revisit the pages I've made a list of as "go-backs."

Thank you!!! ( )
  vickiayala | Sep 22, 2016 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 148016495X, Paperback)

Lonely and out of place in the 21st century, Olivia Keller finds her escape in books, especially romances set in the distant past. When a series of unexpected happenings places her in the very time she's always dreamed of, she is struck with the old wisdom to be careful what you wish for. Cast into a world she could not have understood if she'd read a thousand books, fantasies are abandoned and survival remains the only goal.

It soon becomes apparent, however, that survival is just one of the many challenges she'll face as she experiences the ancient world through the members of the Deer Clan. She is reviled by the sardonic clansman, Trabor, who has convinced members of the clan that the solution to their misfortune is the conquer and pillaging of neighboring clans.

Befriended by Jalen, hunter of the Deer Clan and its eldest member, Yani, her arrival is seen as the fulfillment of an ancient prophecy to unite the Clan with its deer brothers. To others, she is an outsider, cursing the clan and dividing its members between those who choose Trabor's path of war and those who cling to reunification and a return of prosperity.

As the hailed Caller of the Deer, Olivia bears witness to Earth's mystical past, as the realization of her true mission is revealed and she is granted the extraordinary power to change the course of Earth's history.

(retrieved from Amazon Wed, 31 Aug 2016 18:27:02 -0400)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,050,035 books! | Top bar: Always visible