IVORY DAWN (The Razor's Adventures) by…

IVORY DAWN (The Razor's Adventures)

by PS Bartlett

126768,668 (4)None

You know me, so you know how much I love the covers to this series! I've not seen anything like it before. The colors are rich and the pictures, though brief, are amazing! It's original and speaks volumes to me! Also, the interior of the book is gorgeous. There are illustrations and the fonts perfect for my feeble eyes. Plus's all around on this.

The story is great as well. Ivory Dawn is an introduction to Demon's & Pearls, the first novel of the series. Ivory Shepard and her cousins were trying to live a good, quiet life along a river, as farmers. Unfortunately, a group of pirates, headed by Captain Barclay had other plans. Through Ivory's skills and training given to her cousins, they not only survive the raid but win a spot abroad the Demon Sea, Captain Barclay's ship.

Ivory Dawn is a brief novella that kicks off my adventure on the high seas. I loved the book and I'm all set to go!

**Book series provided by author, for an honest review! ( )
  AReneeHunt | Feb 12, 2016 |
Love it.... Can't wait for the rest... ( )
  dstawarz | Aug 29, 2015 |
I didn't realize that this was just a short novella so am looking forward to actually reading the book. It sounds interesting but this was too short for me to give a review.
  PoseyJ | Aug 25, 2015 |
Ivory Shepard lives with her 2 sisters.
One day they are attacked by pirates, and they manage to repel them, killing several, but the pirate captain arrives later. Can they survive the encounter? Can they turn a bad situation to their advantage?

This story is very short, it felt like the introduction to a much longer (and potentially interesting) saga. I enjoyed it, but was disappointed a just how short it was! ( )
  daleala | Aug 12, 2015 |
She was orphaned a thirteen and alone with her three cousins when a raid in Spanish Towne left them with nothing, and she trained her cousins how to fight and wield deadly swords and guns. She lead them to a quite refuge by the banks of the Ashley river only they couldn't live in peace as filthy dirty pirates came to get in and have their way with them. The women managed to fight them off killing several but one got away, and Ivory needed to think of a plan to escape, but the captain and some of his men got there before they could pack...........
Ivory Shepard and her cousins never expected that pirates would try to take them from their home by the river.
Normally, I'm not a fan of this genre, but I was hooked on the fight, Ivory's courage, and her cousin's grit! I can't wait to read the rest!! ( )
  Linda.Bass | Jul 19, 2015 |

PS Bartlett is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,937,692 books! | Top bar: Always visible