When Your Spouse Loses A Parent: What to Say…

When Your Spouse Loses A Parent: What to Say & What to Do

by Irene Rodway

4None1,664,912NoneNone
Recently added byKimSalyers, Bertha_, Ermina

No reviews

Your partner is grieving the loss of their mother or father.  You want to be supportive, but you can't figure out exactly how that grief support should look in practical terms. What's worse is that your spouse doesn't know what they want or need either. You want to comfort them, but you don't want to say or do anything wrong or insensitive.

When Your Spouse Loses a Parent will answer these questions and more:

* How should we explain death to our children?
* Is it normal that my spouse is suddenly talking about making major life changes?
* How will my spouse's grief affect sexual intimacy in our marriage?
* What are the warning signs that my spouse may need grief counseling, grief therapy, or a grief support group?
* What are the 5 stages of grief and how can I tell which stage my spouse is in?
* Why has this particular death in the family impacted our marriage so much?
* A list of other bereavement books and grief and loss resources are included.

Your partner may exhibit behaviors that seem out of place. Understanding the grieving process will enable you to be truly helpful.

This can be a challenging time in your relationship, but by being prepared, the experience can strengthen your martial bond. Buy When Your Spouse Loses a Parent: What to Say and What to Do and learn the skills you need to support your grieving spouse.

(retrieved from Amazon Fri, 26 Feb 2016 11:25:22 -0500)

Average: No ratings.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,535,084 books! | Top bar: Always visible