Simulation: A Pop Travel Novel by Tara Tyler

Simulation: A Pop Travel Novel

by Tara Tyler

312,001,085 (3)None
Recently added bySamantha_D, Floratina, Ermina

Read all my reviews on http://urlphantomhive.booklikes.com

After the pleasant surprise that was the first novel in this series, Pop Travel, I was really looking forward to this book. However, as the story seemed quite finished with the first book, I was wondering what was going to happen in this novel.

Fast forward two years, and meet all the characters from the first book again. This felt a little bit odd at times, because except for some awkwardness between Cooper and Geri, there didn't seem to be much difference in the interactions between the different characters even though they apparently hadn't really stayed in contact for that time.

Which brings me to my biggest problem with the book. It's not uncommon but it manages to annoy me every single time when the main characters seem to be the only people ever to uncover some kind of a big plot/conspiracy, especially so if this happens due to extreme coincidence or sheer luck. I don't read novels like this for their believability of course, but am I to believe that Cooper, who hasn't really achieved a lot in two years time, would just happen to stumble again in 'the case of the century'? And what a luck that Geri was just working this case as well, of all cases.

But when I just put these issues aside I quite enjoyed myself. It was a quick and easy read. Near the end I kind of lost some interest, but it was no chore to finish the book. I would read the next book in the series as well.

Simulation is the second book in the Pop Travel series, after Pop Travel.

Thanks to the publisher for providing me with a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review during this blog tour! ( )
  Floratina | May 26, 2016 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 162007950X, Paperback)

In 2082, androids are an essential part of daily life. Some are helpful, some would make better toasters, and some are so human-like they're creepy. Back in Atlanta, Detective Cooper's latest client has him searching for her boyfriend who she thinks was replaced by a simulation, an illegal clone android. The guy also happens to be a popular new congressman. To make matters more complicated, Cooper keeps crossing paths with his ex, FBI Agent Geri Harper, as they seem to be looking for the same guy. Cooper knows he's getting close when Geri is kidnapped, but when she resurfaces in Washington and goes on a killing spree, he knows it isn't her. Now under suspicion himself, Cooper must find the real Geri to prove her innocence, not to mention hunt down the powerful villain behind it all. Never a dull moment.

(retrieved from Amazon Tue, 15 Mar 2016 14:51:03 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,179,332 books! | Top bar: Always visible