A Matter of Trust by Cheryl Wolverton

A Matter of Trust

by Cheryl Wolverton

192537,190 (4.75)1
    How to See with Your Heart by Jennifer Youngblood (JenniferRobb)
    JenniferRobb: Both books feature a blind male who learns to live independently and falls in love with a woman while blind. Both men have the chance to get their sight back. Both have characters who struggle with feeling "good enough".

I learned lots of interesting information about items available to help the blind perform functions of daily living that most of us take for granted. The novel also explores trust in relationships and how important it is to a relationship. ( )
  JenniferRobb | Jan 17, 2016 |
While reading this book, up to the half-way mark, I kept thinking the book was definitely getting less of a five because it just seemed slow or something. It wasn't as exciting...BUT the second half was so wonderful! I loved the mystery of the stalker (even though I knew who it was the whole time), and I loved the mystery of the headaches and their outcome...

But what I loved the most about this book is that Rand had reached his decision on his future of love and marriage BEFORE "THE" event occurred. I have a habit of reading ahead to see what will be coming and knew of "THE" event, and I was so afraid he would make his decision on his future AFTER "THE" event, but I was pleased he didn't!!! And his being a knight in shining armor blind - now that was (SIGH) very romantic! He was such a tough guy, blind; and that was special.

I must admit I was shocked when he kissed Elizabeth in the pool that first time. I thought that was a bit tacky, but the second half of the book was SO very, very excellent!!!

Now that Rex has sworn off marriage after seeing that of his brother's, I cannot wait to read the next exciting book in this series! ( )
  mitchrmp | Oct 24, 2012 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0373870116, Mass Market Paperback)

Since the accident that had robbed Rand Steven's of his sight, the handsome millionaire had allowed no one near. But his therapist, Elizabeth Jefferson gave him the courage to face the world, a hand to hold and a reason to hope. Though Elizabeth longed to help Rand, she'd never meant to fall in love. For as soon as his therapy was complete, she had to move on. Or risk that the secrets of her own past would jeopardize both of their lives.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:12:08 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,418,979 books! | Top bar: Always visible