Silent Sentry by Theresa Rizzo

Silent Sentry

by Theresa Rizzo

I received Silent Sentry from the author to read and review. This book is an exciting story about a woman who is part of a team who has made an amazing discovery that will revolutionize the medical world, her family and a young widowed doctor with whom she becomes romantically involved. Gina Donnatelli is a member of an Italian family who take care of each other. Dr. Joe Scarfili Is from a similar family. At one time, Gina knew and had a big crush on Joe, though he married someone else, who was later murdered. Now, Dr. Scarfili wants to protect Gina, who is injured because of her break through discovery, though he worries because her altruistic nature is similar to the one that killed his wife. Still, these two manage to work with each other as the story evolves through many fascinating twists and turns. The author has clearly done her research for this book, as things seem to be right and fall into place quite well and naturally. My one problem with the book was that, despite the interesting story, there were a bunch of different characters making it a bit difficult to keep straight initially and the descriptions, though done well enough, seemed at time a bit overwhelming. Also, I had some difficulty getting into the book, but, by the end of the first few chapters, I was well into the story of these two characters and how their lives intertwined with each other, as well as with the mysteries involved and their respective pasts that impacted them today. I do think, however, the book could have been a bit shorter and still managed to pull off the still punch, and unlike some reviewers, I thought the detail put a small drag on my reading of the book. Still, this is a solid romantic suspense story that will appeal to readers who enjoy such. It is not a book that is easily put down once you get into it, as the story evolves. For me, it could have been a bit shorter, but, though it was not, I still enjoyed reading it. ( )
  KMT01 | May 11, 2016 |
If you are a fan of romantic suspense novels that provide enough thrills and chills that will keep you on your toes, guessing, and sitting on the edge of your seat, then look no further, Silent Sentry by author Theresa Rizzo is the book for you!

Set in Detroit, Michigan and told in the third person narrative, the author weaves a riveting tale that follows Nurse / medical technology entrepreneur Gianna Donnatelli and Dr. Joe Scarfili as they try to outwit a psychotic hacker before he destroys Gianna's business and possibly their lives.

Gianna and Joe are longtime childhood friends, their families have always lived by the code “Family takes care of family.”

Gianna has developed a program that could revolutionize medical care. Once the patent is issued, the program will go on the market, but someone wants the program for themselves. There are break-ins and numerous attempts on Gianna's life that lands her in the hospital, where she runs into Joe, who is a prominent surgeon. Gianna had a crush on Joe when she was a teen, but they had gone their separate ways when they became adults, and Joe met and married his now dead wife Meggie. Joe wants to protect Gianna from further harm, but as their relationship blossoms, past issues with emotional pain keep rising to the surface and he fights the urge to run. But as the violence against Gianna mounts, it will take both of them to try to figure out who's behind the violence and the attempts at ruining her business.

I really enjoyed reading this compelling and complex romantic suspense story. It had a good balance of suspense and romance that easily kept me engaged and turning the pages as I followed Gianna and Joe's journey to put the puzzle together and solve the mystery. This is definitely one of those stories that is very hard to put down.

Silent Sentry is a fast paced and riveting tale that has an intriguing mixture of drama, romance, family secrets, betrayal, suspense, and enough thrilling twists and turns that will keep the reader guessing to the surprising conclusion.

Disclaimer: I received a copy of the book from the author in exchange for my honest review and participation in a virtual book tour event hosted by author Theresa Rizzo.

http://jerseygirlbookreviews.blogspot.com/2016/04/silent-sentry-by-theresa-rizzo... ( )
  JerseyGirlBookReview | Apr 8, 2016 |
Listened to this book as an audiobook so some of the characters names will be as I listened to them being spoken.
Story starts out with Giana and she's come back to her fathers house that she's housesitting to find an intruder, on her computer.
She ends up waking up in the hospital and Joe, a doctor comes to her aid-he will take her to his house, his parents are due home the next day and he's got time off. He's an old family friend and he knows many dectectives who can figure out what's going on.
We learn a lot about their prior relationship over the years-she was infatuated with him.
Story also follows a group of others who want her knowledge, what's on her computer. If it goes public it will revoluntize the health care system.
Giana had grown up and specializes in nursing and to keep on her father's good side she works at the less traumaized center where she'd not see many gang shootings. She changes career choices and gets a degree in computers also and combines her knowledge to create Promethus, the health program she hopes will sell.
Fast paced action, never a dull moment. Love the detailed descriptions of the area as I've only seen scenes on the TV. Love how the neighborhood watch out for one another and their younger children on their way home from school every day.
Sad, the day he lost his wife Maggie. Some assaults appear to be targeting her, others target him so Pat Sullivan the dectective has a lot of different leads and suspects. Joe attempts to help sometimes putting him in harms way as he bodily tries to shield her. With the aassault she's left deaf in one ear and he is pretty sure with the damage she incurred she will never hear from that ear again.
Steamy hot sex scenes enhance this book and that leads to other inhabitences.
So many intertwining parts to this but easy to keep track of it all, Few characters-easy to keep track of everyone.
Love all the charity work for the area. Love all the extra details about the writing of the book. ( )
  jbarr5 | Apr 1, 2016 |
A story full of action, suspense and so many lies. Gianna & her partners are just getting their business off the ground and it is going to be a huge success, everything is going well until someone tries to kill her. But who a robbery gone wrong the police don't think so. Joe has missed Gianna he hasn't seen her in ages, she needs help now as she was injured in the robbery, Gianna knows that she has to protect her heart against this man as she has been in love with him for years.
There is someone out there that wants Gianna work and they will do whatever they have to, to get it from her. Can they beat the enemy or will more people die around them? Can Joe put the past behind and plan a new future with Gianna or will they never get a chance at a life together?
A great easy story that has a great flow to it and great characters. ( )
  Lillian-Maddocks9389 | Mar 13, 2016 |
Silent Sentry is an enjoyable light romance spiced up with danger and death. Gianna Donnatelli is stubbornly independent but dangerous situations force her to accept help as she lives and works in an unsafe area and as she prepares to launch her new product which has drawn unwelcome attention. ( )
  BridgitDavis | Feb 28, 2016 |

Theresa Rizzo is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,242,078 books! | Top bar: Always visible