Star Struck by Kathi Oram Peterson

Title: Star Struck
Author: Kathi Oram Peterson
Pages: 288
Year: 2016
Publisher: Covenant Communications, Inc.
Mercedes Grant is a box office smash in her adventure movies. Both of her parents are also big names in the movie business as well, so she has grown up “in the business”. They have been married and divorced to and from each other twice and love to call Mercedes to complain about each other. Mercedes has received a script to perform in a drama and thinks this movie will really show that she has more depth as an actress than can be seen in her action films. She is on a two-month hiatus after finishing filming her latest action movie and after she received a death threat. She has retreated to her isolated mountain cabin in hopes of gaining some much needed rest and memorizing lines for her upcoming film. She has had a cold/flu that just won’t go away so she decides to see the local town doctor. What he discovers will change her life forever.
Luke Parker is a widower with a teenage daughter. He practices in this small town, lives in a trailer behind the office and is barely making ends meet. He knows immediately who Mercedes Grant is the moment she walks into the office, even though she is trying to remain incognito. When he discovers her illness is more than a cold, he delivers the news in person. It is then she tells him about the death threat she received. As her stalker escalates his attentions, Luke becomes more protective of Mercedes and a romance blooms. With her health undergoing life-altering changes, what does the future really look like for Mercedes?
Negatives: I thought the romance between a movie star and a small town doctor wasn’t really plausible. The differences in the beliefs of the main characters would seem to me to prohibit a lasting romantic relationship.
Positives: I liked the suspenseful story idea, the setting was neat and I loved her two dogs. The ending when the stalker is revealed was a twist, and there were some definite tension-filled moments in the story. I also liked Winona, Luke’s nurse who is still working at age 90!
My rating is 4 stars.
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.” ( )
  lcjohnson1988 | Feb 12, 2016 |

After receiving a death threat on her personal cell phone, actress Mercedes Grant decides to escape to a remote cabin near Idaho's Snake River. While there handsome town physician Luke Parker, a fan of Mercedes, must give her a devstating and unexpected diagnosis. As Mercedes struggles to come to terms with her new future, she relies on Luke's support. But neither imagines the disease is not the only danger Mercedes is facing.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,247,969 books! | Top bar: Always visible