Honored: An Alpha Mob Romance (City Series…

Honored: An Alpha Mob Romance (City Series Book 4)

by B. B. Hamel

511,436,638 (4)None

I received a copy in exchange for my honest review. This does not influence my review in any shape or form.

I’ve been on the search for a mob romance story or anything with the mob to be honest. I have a fascination with the mob, I love learning about it, I love watching movies about it, learning the history. I just have this obsession with the mob. So anyway, like I said I was looking for something with a little romance mixed into the mob and out of no where does B.B. Hamel approach me to review the up and coming new release Honored.

To say I was excited to read this was a bit of understatement. I was stoked I couldn’t wait to dive in and read some of my favorite things the mob romance = probably a very happy Tina. Now that I’ve finished the book, I’m pretty content with the story.

Our Story
Our story takes place in Philly, told in alternating point of views Liam and Ellie.

Ellie is a recovering addict though that can be up for debate because I couldn’t really believe that she was addict. Anyway, she’s a kindergarten teacher who happens to witness some guys dumping something in the river. Perfect case of being at the wrong place at the wrong time. Now Ellie has the Irish Mob The Right People out to kill her and the only one who can save her is Liam the brother of one of her students.

So, we learn a little bit about the mob and get a brief run down of the Right People. There’s a fight for power after one of the old Bosses left or disappeared but you don’t really know the whole story. That of course, had me wondering what was going on, I wanted to know what happened to the Old Boss. Anyway, some of the scenes were pretty realistic (based on me watching like a ton of mob shows/movies haha). And there were some scenes were I was saying “I’m not even in the mob but I know that’s not going to work.”. But other then that the story is pretty fast paced, definitely keeps you on the edge of your seat and that twist was one I wasn’t expecting seriously.

Our Characters
Ellie – she’s probably the one I have the most issues with like I said she mentions being a drug addict but really I wasn’t believing it. I wanted to know her history really get a feel for her and I felt like I didn’t get that. She was a bit of a damsel in distress for me and she literally brought it up on herself and yet she acted horribly towards Liam when he was just trying to help her out. I did love her determination and her will. But other then that I preferred reading Liam’s point of view.

Liam – he’s that sexy dangerous mobster. Uh yeah I liked him. But it’s not just the mob part that I found like drool worthy. It was the fact that he was willing to stand up for what he believed in even if it meant that he would die. He was loyal to the old code of the mob and I thought it was amazing to see such loyalty and to see how he would do things out of honor and loyalty to the mob and to those who he considered important in his life. I loved that the most about him. I even loved his over cockiness.

Overall
I’m probably going to pick up the other books in this series especially because it does deal with the mob and I love a little danger with romance. Plus the mobsters! I’m sure they’re awesome. Anyway, I liked this story and if you want a mob story some romance then yeah this may work out for you.
  tina_thebookworm | Feb 12, 2016 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,259,724 books! | Top bar: Always visible