Right Next Door by AJ Pryor

Right Next Door

by AJ Pryor

312,001,085 (4)None

Actual Rating - 3.85

I received a copy in exchange for an honest opinion. This does not influence my opinion in any shape or form.

So as you know best friend’s little sister stories are MY FAVORITE stories ever and I’ll read anything that has that phrase in the synopsis, but the other one I’ve always loved is the whole neighbor thing. Oh boy! Let’s just say I will neither confirm or deny that I ever had a fling with the neighbor.

So Right Next Door wasn’t what I was expecting, I was expecting a different story. I was expecting Addison to ask Damien to pretend to be her boyfriend so that her ex would leave her alone. Of course that’s not the story of Right Next Door. I actually liked the story A.J. Pryor delivered in Right Next Door.

Our Story
Right Next Door is told in both Damien’s and Addison’s point of view.

I think Damien’s view was better than Addison’s. I guess because his heart was in the right place even though it sometimes didn’t seem like it. But I liked him better and no it wasn’t because the guy had a lickable abs, though that does help.

They both have issues.

Damien carries around guilt and Addison deals with abandonment from not only her mother but also her ex fiancé if we can call him that. And together they have to learn to trust each other and how to heal one another.

I didn’t really believe the whole instalove thing, I think it was more lust at first sight. I personally loved their relationship before they took it to the next level. I loved how they came up with nicknames for one another, having the most outrages mugs every morning for their coffee. I think I liked that build up of their relationship then anything else it felt real to me.

Other than that the story is a quick pace, page turner that you just have to continue reading from beginning to end. But I felt something was missing, I’m not sure what but just something was missing for me to really make this a five star rating for me.

Our Characters
Addison. Oh Addison, once upon in a far away land I was you, minus the engagement (THANK HEAVENS!) but I mostly definitely understood. I understood pinning away for someone who you thought loved you that you saw forever with only to be left alone. I understood that and I understood that person coming back begging for your forgiveness making you wonder if you should try and work it out or let it go. I GET IT GIRL. But dang, you irritated me. I think it was because I knew so well what you were feeling and I know. I know so well those feelings of this is what I once wanted and all that and I guess you irritated me because I was you and I made the same mistakes you did. I guess I didn’t want someone else to go through the same. But at the end of the book, I really enjoyed the growing and learning to restart and being on your own. KUDOS ADDISON!! You made me proud.

Damien. So he’s hot and who wouldn’t want a sexy as sin neighbor? Like I hate working out since I stopped playing basketball back in high school but like if he said run, trust me I’d run. I loved his loyalty. His desire to not have one night stands but only have sex if it was with the person he was going to be with for the long run. DO YOU KNOW HOW RARE THAT IS NOW? A guy who isn’t a total manwhore and who is actually sensitive and wants a committed relationship? Very hard. I loved that about Damien. I could see how you could fall in love at first sight with him and I’m not just talking about his abs either.

Overall
I do feel like something was missing for me with this book. Not entirely sure I can tell you what it is but it is something. Like I said this is a fast pace, page turning book that I spent the whole evening reading. I really enjoyed it. If this turns into a series which I am secretly hoping it does, I’d love to know more about Addison’s friends and Reed, I’d definitely check it out.
  tina_thebookworm | Feb 12, 2016 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,998,183 books! | Top bar: Always visible