Conflict Of Interest 2 by Gisell DeJesus

by Gisell DeJesus

113,689,591 (3)None
Recently added bytina_thebookworm

Actual rating 3.5

I received a copy in exchanged for an honest opinion. This does not influence my opinion in any shape or form.

I am going to try my best to do this review without spoilers. But if you haven’t read the first one, you need to pick it up in order to read Conflict of Interest 2. My review of Conflict of Interest 1 can be found here.

I was looking forward to Conflict of Interest 2, the way Giselle ended Conflict of Interest 1 left me craving more and I could not wait to read it. I was dying to know what was going to happen with Evan and Natalia. She delivered another good installment for the Conflict of Interest novellas but the first one was my favorite. I can’t really put my finger on why but I just preferred it.

Our Story
Like I said Conflict of Interest 2 picks up right where Conflict of Interest 1 ended. There was suspense, there were moments where you just wanted to slap someone and there was absolute bliss.

I loved how Giselle picked up right where Conflict of Interest 1 ended, she just drove right in giving a little bit of background to refresh your memory of what has happened in the previous book. I haven’t read the first book in a while so it was awesome to realize that I did not need to go reread book one in order to understand book two.

I guess the only real problem I had with the book was I wanted more drama with one of the characters. It sounds crazy and I know it is because I absolutely hated her but I wanted more of her craziness. I thought she was slightly crazy not like full blown crazy and I wanted full blown crazy. In my defense, I’ve been watching a lot of Spanish novellas and the girls on there are like beyond crazy so when I think crazy girl I think a girl from one of the novellas I watch.

Other then that, I did enjoy this story but like I said not as much as the first.

Our Characters
Evan is his usual alpha self in this book but I felt like Giselle tone downed his sexy side. I have no idea why but I felt like he wasn’t his dominate alpha self this time around but I think it has to do with the directions his life is going so I can understand why he had evolved. I just missed his sexiness.

Natalia was a bit harder to like this time around but with what she is going through it is totally understandable. However, I didn’t really connect to her this time around at least not like I did in the first book.

Overall,
I prefer the first book of Conflict of Interest but that doesn’t mean that Conflict of Interest 2 is bad by any means it is a good book. I enjoyed it and I am hoping that Giselle writes a third part because I need to know what happens. If you like alpha males then you need to meet Evan Daniels. ( )
  tina_thebookworm | Feb 12, 2016 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,741,703 books! | Top bar: Always visible