Defenseless by Corinne Michaels

372306,014 (4)None

Defenseless
by Corinne Michaels
Audio narrated by Andi Arndt & Zachary Webber

Charisma (Charlie) Erickson, a CIA agent, and Mark Dixon, former Navy Seal and now working security for a private firm, first meet while working together in Afghanistan--instant attraction while on a dangerous op. (NO.) Meet up again a year later and the sparks fly. Constant fighting. Constant one-upping each other. Mark is arrogant but a decent guy and way too patient. Charlie is extremely high maintenance, selfish, and wholly unlikable in my opinion. On top of that, she was totally unbelievable as a CIA agent. There is way too much bragging (even in her own mind) of how badass she is and less actual evidence of it. When you have to tell everyone else how smart or tough or even how much of a hero you are...then it's probably not true. ( )
  AddictedToMorphemes | Apr 29, 2017 |
Corinne Michaels books are the hardest ones for me to review. It’s hard to put into words what it’s about, how much I loved it and why you should read it. Half the time, I wonder if just shoving her books in your face is a good enough review.

Her writing is suspenseful; it grabs your attention from the beginning and never let’s go until the very end. When you realize the book has ended and you’re thinking, “Damn, that was good”. You care about each and every character; you can feel their emotions. You can picture the story so vividly that I could easily picture Defenseless as a NCIS episode or it’s own show to say the least.

Defenseless centers on Mark aka Twilight and Charlie. Mark is introduced in her novels but in Defenseless he is the main character. Now let me start off by saying that before I started Defenseless I was Team Muffin (Jackson Cole from The Belonging Duet that I have yet to review for reasons above) but that quickly changed after reading Defenseless. I am officially Team Twilight. I loved Mark, he was arrogant, cocky and total Alpha male but with the biggest heart.

And then we had Charlie.

Charlie was a kick ass heroine. FINALLY a female lead that can literally kick any alpha male ass, she could hold her own and didn’t need nor want any help from a man. CAN I GET A HELL YEAH!? I loved her, she was absolutely amazing and I loved how incredibly strong she was throughout the whole story. We need more heroines like her.

Like I mentioned Defenseless sucks you in from the first page and doesn’t let go till the very end. You bite your nails, you cuss out Corinne a couple times (you do this a lot in her books), you laugh, you cry and most importantly you enjoy the journey these beautiful words take you on.

I personally recommend you beginning with the Beloved, Beholden, Consolation, and Conviction before reading Defenseless. Although this could definitely be read as a standalone it is much better understood in my opinion reading from the beginning.

Lastly, THANK YOU CORINNE FOR NOT GIVING US ONE OF THOSE GOD AWFUL CLIFFHANGERS YOU ARE KNOWN FOR. My heart really thanks you.

Disclosure: I received a copy in exchanged for an honest review. ( )
  tina_thebookworm | Feb 12, 2016 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,927,468 books! | Top bar: Always visible