Crashing Tides by Casey Peeler

Crashing Tides

by Casey Peeler

113,689,591 (5)None
Recently added bytina_thebookworm

When I saw Crashing Tides available on Netgalley I jumped at the opportunity to review it. I fell in love with Southern Perfection so I wanted to see what Crashing Tides was about if it would blow me away just like Southern Perfection.

Our Story
Marleigh and GC meet during Spring Break and have a Spring Break Fling. I won’t lie I rolled my eyes at the insta-love but then I stopped because this just wasn’t insta-love it was true love. So anyway, they have the most wonderful week together during Spring Break and make a plan to go to college together and make things work despite the distance. Suddenly Marleigh decides to put an end to their relationship claiming the distance is too much and it would be better to break it off with GC. She breaks GC’s heart completely. He never really gets over her, he just tries to move on but it doesn’t matter with how many girls he ends up with he always ends up thinking about Marleigh or picturing when he’s with someone else.

Three years after they break up, GC is playing basketball at Costal his dream school. He walks around campus every day wondering if Marleigh ever came to Costal to make her dream of a Marine Biologist come true. In two years all he’s seen is Marleigh’s sisters Tinleigh and Carleigh (they’re triplets in case the whole name thing doesn’t give it away) every time he asks them where Marleigh is they avoid him or give vague answers.

Then one day he sees her. All those feelings he tried to forget just come running back to him and he has to know why. Why did she suddenly break up with? Did he do something wrong? Does she feel the same way about him still? Was it truly just a Spring Break fling or was it true love?

I wish I could go into detail about the story but that would really ruin it for you so I will stop there!

Our Characters
Marleigh is a junior in high school when she meets GC. I know many will say what she did was wrong but I cannot judge her for the decision she made. I made a similar decision that Marleigh made and I can say that at the time I thought the decision was the best one but now I know that it wasn’t. I really connected with Marleigh because I was in her shoes once upon a time only I was three years older. I guess that’s why I enjoyed her character because at one point in my life I was her; I made the same decisions only to regret them later. Either way it shaped Marleigh and when she makes things right you can’t help but be happy for her.

GC is so lovable. Seriously, he was crushed when Marleigh broke up with him without any explanation but he does everything with her in mind. He never stopped loving her no matter how hard he tried he just never got over her. When he finds her he refuses to let her go. You can’t help but love the man he becomes despite the reason Marleigh left him, he is truly amazing.

The Romance
Like I said I rolled my eyes at the insta-love but then soon realized it wasn’t like most insta-love stories because this one shows what happens when things don’t go according to plan. It shows how one decision could impact your entire life. Their fling wasn’t just a fling it was true love. Neither stopped loving each other and when they were reunited they picked up where they left off, like those years that passed never happened.

What I loved the most about their romance is that they dealt with real issues. They had to learn to make the decisions together and work towards being a couple. It’s what some people actually have to deal with. I know that it was very realistic.

Overall,
Casey Peeler is becoming one of my favorite authors….like I already purchased all her books so far. I love how both the books I have read by her have real life situations that pull at your heartstrings.

Sometimes I hated the sudden time passing you see throughout the book but it needed to be there for the whole story to come together. I loved how everything flowed well together and how even though you may not agree with Marleigh you understand her decision. And you seriously cannot help but fall in love with GC.

I was actually looking for a book with basketball romance. I love basketball and I wanted a book with romance and basketball. Even though it doesn’t give much details about basketball it still made satisfied my longing for a basketball romance story.

There is so much I WISH I could say about this story but I seriously cannot because that would totally ruin it for you. If you pick up Crashing Tides then please please talk to me about it because I need someone to talk to. ( )
  tina_thebookworm | Feb 12, 2016 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,618,863 books! | Top bar: Always visible