Distance (A New Adult Romantic Comedy) by…

Distance (A New Adult Romantic Comedy)

by Andrea Heltsley

212,551,640 (3)None
Recently added bytina_thebookworm, a_tiffyfit

Distance is a light quick read. I ended up finishing it within a couple hours. You could find me laughing or smiling at my kindle because the situations that Lexi (our main character) founds herself in are embarrassing but they are hilarious.

When we first meet Lexi she is waiting for her boyfriend after her high school graduation but he is nowhere to be found. She goes to use the farthest restroom so she can avoid the crowd and what does she find in one of the stalls? Her boyfriend of three years Jameson having sex with Christy (the school slut). Lexi is heartbroken and has sworn off men. The summer before college is for having fun and not having a relationship with anyone.

Everything is going according to plan until one night when her best friend Elena and her hit up a summer party. She sees Jameson all over Christy ripping open the wounds that have been slowly healing. She goes outside to catch some fresh air and begins to cry because he could move on so quickly from a relationship but she can’t. That’s when a stranger comes and sits with her trying to comfort her and he’s extremely good looking. She finds out his name is Mason and he has a things for saving damsels in distress.

Mason and Lexi begin a friendship but things get awkward when Mason’s best friend and Lexi’s best friend start hooking up. Finally, Mason and Lexi begin “dating” and it’s really nice to see their relationship grow. She starts to realize that things with Jameson never felt the way they do with Mason.

Jameson keeps butting in realizing that he’s making a huge mistake letting Lexi go (duh you idiot). He keeps trying to win her back and so Christy becomes involved telling Lexi to leave him alone and to top it off we have Mason’s ex girlfriend bugging Lexi too! The poor girl can’t catch a break.

Summer is coming to an end but does that mean the end for Mason and Lexi? You’ll have to read and find out!

OVERALL

I liked the story. I thought it flowed well and in some parts I found a bit boring. Nothing was explicit when it came to sex. it was pretty much closed door sex not much detail. Lexi is a klutz so you will laugh at all her embarrassing moments. I would have liked to see a little more character development with Lexi and Elena. Sometimes I felt disconnected with them. I do plan on continuing the series just to see what happens next. I mostly enjoyed how the title connected with the story. I thought Andrea did an excellent job of incorporating the title throughout the story. ( )
  tina_thebookworm | Feb 12, 2016 |

Andrea Heltsley is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,332,889 books! | Top bar: Always visible