Craving U (The Rook Café) (Volume 1) by…

Craving U (The Rook Café) (Volume 1)

by Llarjme

113,689,591 (3)None
Recently added bytina_thebookworm

I received a copy in exchange for my honest opinion. This does not influence my opinion in any shape or form.

Cravin' U is a different kind of love story. It is one of those friends to lovers story but one that was developing for a long time before either one realized they were in love with each other. It took me a long time to read this book and I know it was because I couldn't get past all the useless details but once I did I realized that this was such a cute contemporary novel.

I seriously cannot get over that ending. I was worried that the book would end in a cliffhanger but it actually didn't. And I was very happy with how things ended. I am so glad I stuck this book out it was adorable and I keep re-reading the ending because I loved it so much.

Our Story
The first couple of chapters of Cravin’ U I found extremely boring. There was just so many details I found completely unnecessary. I did end up skipping pages if I’m being totally honest. And this was in the beginning at least within 20% I skipped pages.

But after I got over all those details I found unnecessary I totally fell in love with this story. Like I said I cannot get over the ending. It was just perfect and left me wanting more.

Our story follows Marika and Matteo. Both have been friends for as long as they can remember and then one day they start to see each other as more then friends. Neither one wants to ruin the friendship. Especially Matteo who is offered an opportunity of a lifetime – to play professional soccer. He knows he’ll never be home and Marika will always be by herself and he doesn’t want that for her. He’s doing the right thing, letting her go because he doesn’t want to risk hurting her but can you really live without knowing if things could have worked out even with the obstacles at hand?

Despite too many details, I enjoyed Llàrjme’s writing. I enjoyed how I felt hurt, in love, sad and angry. Every emotion either from Marika or Matteo was feeling, I felt too. I loved that she was able to drive me into the story where I felt like I was truly apart of it.

I know this is book one of the series so I’d love to see what else is in story for all these characters. I’d especially love to see what happens with Mateo, Marika and Federico.

Our Characters
Marika is a bit like every teenage girl. She has her insecurities and often believes that one boy she’s had a crush on forever would not like her back. At times this definitely held her back. Other times I really disliked her and wanted to smack her because she was so stubborn but at the end of the book I thought she really grew as a person.

Matteo now the boy is not perfect by any means. He had a lot of pride and he also wouldn’t admit his feelings but would show them and that really won me over. I loved seeing him go from hard to read or even understand what he was thinking to being someone you could easily fall in love with. Like I said he had a lot of flaws. It was hard to not want to slap him because he was so stubborn but I think he turned out to be an amazing guy.

Federico he was the shoulder to cry on for Marika when Matteo wasn’t around and it was so hard not to love him and so hard not to cheer for him to. I really enjoyed his sensitive side and I loved how you could easily see yourself either being best friends with him or falling head over heels in love with him. He was perfect.

Overall
I almost DNF this because of all the details in the book that I had no idea where the story was but after getting over that 20% I seriously fell in love with this story. THE ENDING WAS PERFECT. I enjoyed seeing the characters grow, it wasn’t insta-love it was a love that grew over the years and finally blossomed. I also learned quite a lot about soccer because to be honest I don’t know much about soccer other then Cristiano Ronaldo and that’s about it.

Like I said there is a lot of details in this book but once you get passed that the story is really good. It is a long book but it is good. I’d recommend it if you like the whole friends to lovers kinda stories.
  tina_thebookworm | Feb 12, 2016 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,242,078 books! | Top bar: Always visible