Kaplan Math Workbook for the New SAT (Kaplan…

Kaplan Math Workbook for the New SAT (Kaplan Test Prep)

by Kaplan

312,001,085 (5)None
Recently added byRSSAA, lisavicino, PamFamilyLibrary
ARC (1) SAT (1) SAT test (1)

Having a middle schooler and now a high schooler I've been reading and reviewing a lot PSAT and SAT and ACT guide books. Most of them are Kaplan. In that regard I find this workbook one of Kaplan's best.

WHAT I LIKED right off the bat was the authors' suggestions on how to take the test. While all Kaplan books have information about that, I thought the advice in this book was the clearest and best managed. Part of their advice, by the way, is clearing up SAT myths -- like the one about there being a penalty for wrong answers; and like answer C is the best to choose if you have to guess.

I also like how they tell kids the best approach for each section, as well as the best calculator to take with you.

I also liked the mini review they had that kids could read before taking even the preview test. I believe it will help focus my childrens' attention before the preview test and the real test.

NOTE though that although there are answers to the questions, the explanations are brief. So like all Kaplan books the reader may need some supplemental help if there's a true area of weakness.

~review copy ( )
  PamFamilyLibrary | Feb 13, 2016 |

Offers detailed explanations, provides strategies for multiple-choice and grid-in questions, and presents a review of mathematical concepts for the new SAT.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,847,643 books! | Top bar: Always visible