The Cassandra Sanction by Scott Mariani

The Cassandra Sanction

by Scott Mariani

272402,159 (3)5

Overall, a good ride - all the usual twists and turns and action. A worthy Mariani book.

[Spoiler] One minor thing - the plot point of 'man-made climate change is a hoax' got my hackles up, but I guess I can let that slide under the headling of 'poetic license.'

Also, a word about the "Ben Hope universe" - others have said that it's not necessary to read them in order, and strictly speaking that's true in the sense that each book is a self-contained story.
However, Mariani does tend to reference earlier incidents in all of his books. Thus, reading them in order allows you to understand those references - this, along with the deeper understanding of the Ben Hope psyche, provides a greater reading experience in my opinion. ( )
  adam.currey | Feb 25, 2018 |
Sometimes I bite off a bit more than I can chew on the old reading front. When I need a rest I pick up a Ben Hope thriller. I'll not make any outrageous claims for these books reaching the heights of Ludlum or Harris, but neither do they stoop to their depths, because Scott Mariani is a professional. ( )
  Lukerik | May 30, 2017 |

The master bestseller is back with the most thrilling, shocking and UTTERLY COMPELLING Ben Hope adventure yet!

Ben Hope is one of the most celebrated action adventure heroes ever and Scott Mariani is one of the most successful home grown thriller writers of all time. Join the MILLIONS of readers who get breathless with anticipation when the countdown to the new Ben Hope thriller begins …

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 18 Feb 2016 05:57:13 -0500)

All Ben Hope wanted was a quiet drink in a peaceful Spanish bar. What he got instead was the kind of trouble that only a man like him can handle. Raul Fuentes can't accept that his sister, Catalina, took her own life. Ben isn't convinced, but ghosts from his own past compel him to help Raul discover the truth. What connects Catalina's apparent suicide to the suspicious fate of three of her fellow scientists? And why do a gang of professional killers follow Ben and Raul wherever they go? Ben will soon discover the terrible truth, a fraudulent conspiracy to dupe all of humankind. And those responsible will soon find out they've met their match.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,728,120 books! | Top bar: Always visible