Onyx Webb: Book Two: Episodes 4, 5 & 6 by…

Onyx Webb: Book Two: Episodes 4, 5 & 6

by Andrea Waltz

831,035,133 (4.67)None

I am excited to continue the Onyx Web series. The writing style, with each person telling their story had me confused in the beginning, but now that I am getting the hang of it, I am loving it.

The combination of mystery and murder, hauntings and ghosts, the paranormal and supernatural, keeps the action and suspense moving right along.

The complex characters have become familiar to me and I am very curious and concerned for their well being. They all have flaws that make some of their decisions seem harsh and wrong.

I knew someone would die. I thought it would be Onyx and I sure didn’t see the authors taking the route they did. Great job throwing that twist in there and I think they will have many more surprises in store for me.

I am loving Katherine, and her solution to the horrific goings on at the orphanage seem like the only way to go.

The story gets heavier, more complicated, and I get more and more involved with each page I read. ( )
  sherry69 | Nov 17, 2016 |
I have recieved a copy of Onyx Webb: Book 2 in an exchange for my honest review.

If you read my review of book one you’d have seen that I gave it a soaring review and a stunning 5 stars; something I don’t often do. I’m here to tell you book two deserves the same praise.

Authors Andrea Waltz and Richard Fenton did it again! Book two continues where book one left off, weaving an even more intricate web of characters, events and lies.

Enter into the 1930s and meet Declan and Tommy who both encounter personal losses, corrupt nuns and a pedophile priest. Flash forward to 2010 and continue on with Koda (Declan’s grandson) and his crazy socialite fiancé. Combine these characters and a few horrific events with the voice of Onyx Webb, a ghostly piano player, and a couple of Mobsters and you have a work of genious.

One thing I love above all others is that no one is who they seem to be in this chilling tale. Just when I think I have someone figured out or allow myself to believe I know what’s happening, I find out I’m dead wrong. No character is safe when Waltz and Fenton put their heads together. There is just enough pain, suffering and mystery in Onyx Webb to keep me coming back for more.

Two things need to be said about my feelings regarding this book. Number 1 – I am a bit late to the party and am truly saddened this series went unnoticed by me for so long. Number 2 – I’m a bit late to the party but am so thankful I don’t have to wait for the next installment to be released. I worry that these books will only get better and I’ll struggle to impress upon you how great they really are.

Not for the feint of heart, Onyx Webb will leave you with more questions than answers. ( )
  lenamaybooks | Aug 2, 2016 |
I’m not even sure where to begin when talking about Onyx Webb:Book Two by Richard Fenton and Andrea Waltz. This book isn’t like other books, it’s a paranormal soap opera that includes three stories in different time periods which are all connected. The word Webb in the title is quite fitting because this series is a little like a spider’s web of different stories and genres including: Romance, horror, mystery and drama. There is a lot going on and it’s fun figuring out how it’s all woven together.

The main story here is about Onyx Webb, in this book its the 1930’s and she is moving all over the country with her husband Ulrich. Onyx doesn’t know it but Ulrich has a secret and Onyx is in danger. We also have story going on at the Open Arms Orphanage where Declan Mulvaney and best friend Tommy Bilazzo have to put up with nuns and a priest who are making life hard for them. The third story takes place in 2010 and follows Koda Mulvaney as he tries to find out who the ghost girl he keeps seeing in the mirror is.

I think this is a hard book to talk about because if I talk to much about the story it will spoil it. There is no beginning, middle or end, its part of a series and it just keeps going. What I think makes this book good is the characters, who are all fascinating. Even the characters who are considered bad have their good points and come across as realistic. For instance Onyx’s husband Ulrich is a snake in the grass and is doing things behind Onyx’s back but at times we see him show compassion towards Onyx at times and he comes across as sympathetic. Make no mistake Ulrich is not a good person and one of my favorite parts was in Onyx’s journal when she admits she made a mistake in marrying Ulrich but she felt she had to because she was afraid of being alone.

I really enjoy how the story of Onyx is being told, we see her as a child, then as a married woman but we also hear her thoughts thanks to her journal which was written by her as a ghost. So we are left to wonder how did Onyx die and how is she writing in a diary when she is dead? Also in this book I liked the story of Declan and Tommy in the orphanage and what happens to them after the orphanage. There is a scene in a theater with the two boys that was really hard to read.

Another thing I liked in this book was the introduction of two paranormal investigators with a TV series and that part of the story takes place in Lily Dale which is a real place where several spiritual mediums live. I liked how the authors used certain locations to tell the story such as an old amusement park in Chicago and a theater in the 1930’s. This is an interesting book to say the least and if you read and liked the first book you will like this one too as it gets deeper into the characters. Andrea Waltz and Richard Fenton have written a series that is complex, easy to read and a lot of fun. I would love to know what their writing process is like on this series. ( )
  dwatson2 | Feb 13, 2016 |

Welcome to the World of Onyx Webb. This is Book Two. (Episodes 4, 5, and 6)

Onyx Webb is a multi-genre mash-up that combines elements of supernatural suspense, crime, horror, romance, and more.

The Onyx Webb series follows the unusual life of Onyx Webb along with a central group of characters in various locations and times. The billionaire Mulvaney family, piano prodigy Juniper Cole and her brother Quinn, paranormal show hosts Cryer and Fudge, and a few others make up the core of the series. Written like a book version of a supernatural soap opera, each character’s story moves forward with most every episode. It may appear that the characters are entirely unrelated and yet episode by episode, the connections will become clearer. Like being an inch away from a spider web, with each book, the web will move further and further away revealing the full story of every character and most importantly, the stunning conclusion for Onyx Webb herself.

Scroll up and grab a Book Two today! (Be sure to read Book One first!)

(retrieved from Amazon Sat, 13 Feb 2016 16:59:55 -0500)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,068,180 books! | Top bar: Always visible