A Girl Called Vincent: The Life of Poet Edna…

A Girl Called Vincent: The Life of Poet Edna St. Vincent Millay

by Krystyna Poray Goddu

221476,730 (3)1

I received a copy of this book from the publisher at ALA in exchange for an honest review. This did not affect my opinion of the book or my review itself.

Goddu tells the true story of the fascinating life of renowned female poet Edna St. Vincent Millay.

This book flew by! I finished it in just a few hours. It's absolutely fascinating and really well-written. I closed the book feeling I had learned so much, and had a lot of fun doing so.

There's really nothing not to like about this book. It is aimed towards middle schoolers, but I feel adults can and should read it too.

I would definitely recommend this book. It's a great, fun way to learn about a fascinating women and be introduced to her poetry. ( )
  seasonsoflove | Jul 9, 2017 |

Tracing Millay's life from her youth in Maine to the bohemian fervor of her early adulthood in Greenwich Village and Paris to the demanding existence of a public personality, this fascinating biography will captivate middle grade readers. Including photos, full-length poems, plentiful letter and diary excerpts, a time line, source notes, and bibliography, this is an indispensable resource for any young person interested in poetry, literature, or biographies of remarkable people in American history.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,400,599 books! | Top bar: Always visible