Pied Piper by Debbie Viguié

Pied Piper

by Debbie Viguié

Series: Charmed (27)

Charmed (13) Dutch (1) ex-library (1) fantasy (6) fiction (7) in Finnish (1) magic (4) mystery (2) novel (1) paranormal (1) read (1) S (1) San Francisco (2) series (1) supernatural (4) television (3) to-read (4) TV Series (2) tv tie-in (5) unread (1) urban fantasy (1) USA (1) used (1) wicca (2) wishlist (1) witchcraft (1) witches (6) YA (2) young adult (3) youth (1)

This was more of a 'light reading' for me, and it didn't disappoint. It kinda reminded me of the times when I read the Mary-Kate & Ashley Mystery books. This book will be a little hard to review without spoilers though; but I'll try my best, because I want it to sound suspenseful without giving too much of it away. ;)

The first half of the book was fairly normal. It made me miss the TV series, though. It was one of my favourite shows. =/ (That and I have been interested in witchcraft since middle school.)
What I really mean by 'light reading' was that the book had no bombastic or difficult-to-read words; nothing a regular reader wouldn't understand, and even non-fans of the shows would understand what the story was about without loopholes in it.

From the off, I already had my suspicions on who the 'demon' was. And at the end, I was proved right. But I DID have a moment of pleasant surprise and shock at a little revelation at the end after the demon was vanquished. I never saw that coming. ;p Maybe it was because I was never one to spot connections straightaway, but yeah. =p

Also, I found that this demon was vanquished too easily. I wouldn't say that the pieces fell together too fast, because I wouldn't like it if they dragged the drama either.

I tried searching for this episode on YouTube, but couldn't find it. If anyone knows where I can find it, that would be great! ^^ ( )
  KrystleLow | Oct 27, 2016 |
The Charmed Ones are back and strange things are afoot. Piper and Leo seem to spend all of their time arguing about whether to have children or not. Leo really wants children but Piper isn't sure. Out of the blue children are drawn to Piper and keep following her home. She has dozens of the little rug rats running loose in Halliwell Manor and no matter how many times she takes them home, the next day they keep reappearing.

Paige has taken to going to the Symphony and has been struck by one of the fulte players. His music seems to really touch her and it's like she's under some kind of spell. She keeps going back night after night and can't think of anything besides him and his music. Phoebe is getting messages from a mysteriours caller, but when she arranges to meet him she finds him stabbed and dying in the parking lot. One thing that does seem to connect the children and the adults is music, but what exactly is that connection?

Some of the Charmed books are not great, but this one was a lot of fun. Even though the ending was pretty obvious, I was wondering all the way through how it would all tie together. It was cleverly written with all the elements that made Charmed great. Fashion, demons, magic and a fairy tale plot. ( )
  Rhinoa | Jan 24, 2010 |

PIED PIPER

They come to you for guidance,

protection --

Innocents, facing nameless evil.

It is up to you to save their laughter --

Watch over them, protect them from

danger and peril.

At first Piper thinks it's just a coincidence that she's seeing kids everywhere; since she and Leo have been talking about starting a family, she thinks she's just noticing them more. But then the kids start showing up on the Charmed Ones' front porch and coming into the house uninvited. No matter where Piper dispatches them, they're right back at Halliwell Manor minutes later. And they seem to be forming an orchestra. No one will listen to Piper, or obey her, or even give her a moment alone. Piper starts to wonder if she and Leo can handle starting a family.

While Piper's contemplating diaper rash, Phoebe finds out about a rash of disappearances in San Francisco. Musicians have vanished all over the city, and they were all candidates to conduct a youth symphony. So how has Paige's new love managed to stick around long enough to be the symphony leader? And how does band practice at the Manor fit in with all of this? The Charmed Ones smell a rat, but can they lead all of their Innocents out of danger before the final note is played?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:19:22 -0400)

Piper and Leo are talking about starting a family. Meanwhile, Phoebe finds out about the disappearances of candidates of a youth symphony in San Francisco.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,555,301 books! | Top bar: Always visible