Magic Steals by Ilona Andrews

I have had this novella to read for some time and it was great to be back in the Kate Daniels world. This was an excellent novella featuring Jim and Dali; I love reading about those two. I especially enjoy all the unique magic Dali performs.

This was an excellent mystery involving various mythologies and curses. We get to see Dali exercise both her curse magic and her Bali tiger magic. It was very entertaining and interesting.

Of course there were some excellent scenes between Jim and Dali as well. I love that we get to see a more vulnerable side of Jim and that we get to see into Dali’s head and follow her thoughts. These two have excellent chemistry and I like them even more than Kate and Curran as a couple.

It was immensely fun to dive back into the Kate Daniels world for awhile. I always enjoy the Andrews’ writing style; it’s just so fun and easy to read and I am always sucked right into the story. I love the balance of magic, action, and romance in these books.

Overall this was an awesome addition to the Kate Daniels world. I would highly recommend for fans of the series. Even if you haven’t read any of these series you would probably enjoy this; although I would recommend at least reading the Magic Dreams novella before you read this one because that is where Jim and Dali’s story starts. ( )
  krau0098 | Nov 18, 2017 |
I've read this before I realize. Thankfully this is a library loan...Still re-reading it because it wasn't fresh in my memory and I like Dali ( )
  pnwbookgirl | Jul 30, 2017 |
The most recent books in the Kate Andrews series haven't given me much reason to like Jim, the were-jaguar that used to be Kate's partner and is now the Beast Lord, but boy do I like Dali, the vegetarian, near-sighted, white tiger. She always make me laugh; to me she is a personification of "speak softly and carry a big stick".

This short story is the story of how Jim and Dali became mates and centers on Dali's magic, not Jim's, which is what makes the story so great. Unfortunately the ending is trite, which diminishes the overall story somewhat, but not enough to ruin it; more like just dinged it a bit.

Definitely catnip for the fans of Kate's world. ( )
  murderbydeath | Oct 23, 2016 |
I looked at myself in the mirror.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,410,721 books! | Top bar: Always visible