Everealm (Everealm #1) by J. D. Wright

by J. D. Wright

322,001,085 (4)None
Recently added bychirikosan, Brygitt.Pfaff, Beammey

My Synopsis / Review ~

Everealm is a very charming book. I love romantic conflict. The main story follows Breestlin (Bree) the new queen of Junacave, a prosperous and peaceful kingdom in Everealm. Her father, the preceding king has just passed away, she is just crowned Queen, then all of the sudden she sees her long lost summer love, Rowan, the boy who gave her, her first kiss, also the one who took her innocence. And then he disappears. For 7 years. And now he shows up again - at her coronation of all places!

What she doesn’t know, is that Rowan still misses her. But he was just a lowly knights son, and she was the queen. When her parents found out about their trysts, they sent him away. They trained him to be an assassin, hardened him to be a cold stone mercenary.

All was going smoothly in Junacave for about two minutes, then, out of the blue, a severed head basically shows up one her doorstep and an uncle she barely knows, threatens to conquer the kingdom. And now her kingdoms last form of protection, a graying old Wizard, is on his deathbed and they must rush to convince his long lost grandson to help in their defense. An entertaining journey ensues, with Rowan now partnered at Bree’s side, and long awkward silences followed by incessant compulsive insults. It only gets better as the story continues, but you'll just have to read the book.

Note ~ This book does contain mature context and language. Recommended for ages 16 .

**I RECEIVED A FREE COPY VIA NET GALLEY FOR AN HONEST REVIEW.**

If You've Read the Book ~

My Favorite part is honestly the prologue. It's tugs on the sinews of my heart and I catch 'the feels'. I love it. It just really sets the tone of the book and there is nothing better than a great beginning. Can anybody else relate?

I also love the scene with Dagan and Sidonie in the woods!

~ Teenly Things Book Blogger Brygitt ( )
  Brygitt.Pfaff | Oct 12, 2016 |
Maybe my expectations were too high for this this book, maybe I just wasn't prepared, I don't know, but I found Everealm to be okay. Not horrible, but not amazing. Did I like it? Sure. Was it a good read? Yes. I just thought it would appeal to me a lot more than it did. However, the cover art is gorgeous. 3.5 out of 5 stars. ( )
  Beammey | Feb 13, 2016 |

J. D. Wright is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,457,207 books! | Top bar: Always visible