Fade Into You by Tracy Wolff

Fade Into You

by Tracy Wolff

This review was originally posted on Bookish Things & MoreMeet bad boy rocker Wyatt in Fade Into You.
This new rock star romance by Tracy Wolff is NOW LIVE! #shakendirty

Review
The wait for Wyatt's story has been long and tortuous. I've had a soft spot for him since the beginning, and Fade Into You completely filled that void.

Wyatt and Poppy are amazing through their interactions. He's broody and stubborn, while Poppy is optimistic and stubborn. Let the two clash, but oh so perfectly. They go head to head, and then make up.... If you know you what I mean. :P And the opening chapter is pretty great, and slightly embarrassing and awkward. But they move on from that so well.

We all knew Wyatt's story would be rocky and tragic, and it is, but it's also peppered with little bits of hope. He's a recovering addict, and it's hard road to travel. The want never goes away and it's a constant battle to stay on the straight and narrow. Wolff did an amazing job of showing the struggle and coming to terms with how things will always be. It gets easier, but never really disappears completely.

I've also decided that Poppy's dad is a complete jerk. I can't stand him and wanted to throat punch him many times. Her brother has her back most of the time, but it's hard when their father pushes him into a corner. I adore Poppy. Her love of music is apparent, and she doesn't back down from a challenge. She's such a strong character, and takes chances even when they can put her in sticky situations.

Overall, I loved this story so hard. The dedication of the guys in the band to their friend is amazing. Even when Wyatt thinks he doesn't deserve it, his friends never let him down. I can't wait for the next Shaken Dirty novel.

AVAILABLE ON ALL RETAILERS:
Amazon US: http://amzn.to/243LmsH
Amazon UK: http://amzn.to/1KPgHbZ
iBooks: http://apple.co/1RCQRcM
Kobo: http://bit.ly/1R2TemU
Nook: http://bit.ly/1QfuhaZ

BookishThings | Mar 23, 2016 |
Tracy Wolff’s Fade Into You is a masterpiece. Shaken Dirty Drummer, Wyatt Jennings, just got out of rehab. He finds himself attracted to the band’s new social media consultant, Poppy Germaine. Little does the band know, Poppy is really the daughter of the labels CEO, undercover to make sure Wyatt stays out of trouble.

I love this story. Poppy has always had a soft spot for Shaken Dirty, after all she discovered them. She unintentionally hooks up with Wyatt. The two have an intense chemistry. Wyatt is enamored with Poppy. I love the irony of her name. We find out what caused Wyatt to spiral out of control, let’s just say it is heartbreaking. I love how the band looks out for each other. They are a true family. Poppy’s dad, Bill Germaine, is a piece of work. He causes some interesting conflicts in the story.

I enjoyed the plot. I thought it was realistic and well written. My son is a drummer so I loved all the detail that Tracy Wolff went into when Wyatt played. She did a fantastic job depicting how much Wyatt loves music and it is a part of him. I love when Wyatt met Jace and his friends. I thought it was great that he went to their show. I like how it tied in with the story. I loved the ending. I would like to hear more about what happens with Poppy and her brother Caleb.

This is the first book that I have read by Tracy Wolff. I really enjoyed her writing style and am definitely interested in reading the other books in this series as well as other books by her.

Complimentary copy provided by NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  dlynch | Feb 15, 2016 |
I love rockstar romance and the Shaken Dirty series has everything I need in great rockstar stories.
Fade Into You has drummer Wyatt Jennings from Shaken Dirty fresh out of rehab again, but the demons that dragged him into the hell of booze and drugs still torment him. He's desperate to get that monkey off his back, but does he have the strength. His current label are taking no chances and have sent Poppy Germaine to make sure he tows the line and stays straight, the thing is, Poppy has to say she is a 'social media specialist' and keep her real position a secret. A big lie, but what can she do?
The attraction between them when they meet is instantaneous, and when they realize they will be working together, it's hot. Things are going great, Poppy adds some stability to his life...but can it continue when he finds out the truth. ( )
  JulieD2 | Feb 14, 2016 |

Wyatt Jennings has been called a lot of things by the media. Bad-boy rocker. Intense drummer. Addict.Finally out of rehab and desperate for a fresh start, Wyatt rejoins his mega-platinum rock band Shaken Dirty as they prepare for their world tour. But Wyatt's demons are never far behind, always nipping at his heels for one. More. Fix.Enter Poppy Germaine, the band's new social media consultant. A beautiful bombshell who somehow manages to get underneath Wyatt's skin, Poppy's an addiction Wyatt can get behind. And even though she's with the label--and therefore off-limits--he craves her. Needs her.Except Poppy isn't actually a social media consultant. She's the daughter of the label's CEO, sent undercover to babysit Wyatt and keep him from falling off the wagon again. Proving herself to her father is Poppy's only goal--until she finds herself in Wyatt's bed. But if Wyatt discovers the truth, it could send him spiraling all over again...She's one addiction he can't resist.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,308,068 books! | Top bar: Always visible