Cross Fire by PT Reade

Cross Fire

by PT Reade

621,268,033 (4.5)None

No tags.

Great thriller. Thomas Blumes is a private defective in London who is trying to survive emotionally and financially while investigating the murder of his wife and son. I have read the prior books in this series, but this book can be read alone. PT Reade has done an excellent job developing the characters in this series. Thomas Blume seems to be making progress in both his investigation and his personal life. He has a drinking problem and is slowly beginning to feel emotions beside depression and anger. Amir, father to one of the kidnapped girls and his landlord, has made questionable decisions in prior books that impact him and his family.Thomas Blume's shows himself to be a great detective and friend despite continuing personal problems. Maybe he will get a little closer to solving his family's murder and moving forward in life. Great series. Definitely worth buying. Hopefully, the next book will be longer!!! I received an advanced readers copy of this book. ( )
  twylyghtbay | Mar 2, 2016 |
I have received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
This is an easy-reading crime story. The plot is not very complicated, and there are just a few main characters. However, I quite enjoyed reading the book. The story unfolds in a natural way, there are some quite nice descriptions of scenery and the dialogues are meaningful. The only thing a bit disappointing is the ending. Somehow I felt there was something missing to sum up the story. But I see a lot of potential in this writer and I quite like the style of writing used in this book. ( )
  Mrvica | Feb 27, 2016 |

PT Reade is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,247,959 books! | Top bar: Always visible