The World From Up Here by Cecilia Galante

The World From Up Here

by Cecilia Galante

I enjoyed this book very much and it left me feeling uplifted. I felt that Wren's handling of the snake was a jarringly unrealistic moment, and I didn't like that the book inadvertently sends the message that anxiety can be cured by thinking positively. But I think it's an important read for kids of the mentally ill and kids who suffer from anxiety. I also liked the other message about the damage that rumors about others can do. ( )
  Jen-the-Librarian | Jul 30, 2016 |

(retrieved from Amazon Tue, 16 Feb 2016 09:35:47 -0500)

Wren Baker is an anxious twelve-year-old, so when her mother goes into a hospital for depression, and she and her younger brother, who has Asperger's syndrome, go to live with her aunt and her cousin, Silver, who have just recently moved to Pennsylvania, her stress level soars--especially since Silver is a fearless child who conceives a plan to climb Creeper Mountain and interview "Witch Weatherly" for the class history project.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,805,010 books! | Top bar: Always visible