Love Walks In by Samantha Chase

Love this series! So emotional! Hugh feels guilty his entire life because he was a typical teenage boy testing his limits & his mother died in a car accident. He deals with his guilt by controlling his entire life & rigidly scheduling everything. Aubrey is rebelling from her parents & restrictions for the first time. The chemistry is hot, instantaneous & intense.

This book is an intense journey about how two separate people deal with their lives & how they adjust to each other. The complex storyline draws you in from the beginning (Aubrey breaking into Hugh's office window & giving him a view of her thong) & keeps you enthralled. The characters are three dimensional & easy to relate to. They have problems to deal with just like you & I. Samantha Chase has an excellent writing style that keeps you involved & guessing as to parts of the storyline.

A must read! Can't wait for Anna & Quinn's story! ( )
  Pam50627 | Sep 14, 2016 |
Love Walks In by Samantha Chase is a 2016 Sourcebooks Casablanca publication. I was provided a copy of this book by the publisher and Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

I thought the first book in the Shaughnessy Brothers series got things off on solid footing and I had faith things would get even better as the we went along.

I was not disappointed! This book was better than the first one, bringing with it a few laughs and a few misty eyed moments.

Hugh has lived with heavy regret, blaming himself for his mother’s accident, all these years. As a result, Hugh never takes risks, and always plays it safe, which is fine, but he isn’t living life to its fullest and is missing out on some really great experiences, like falling head over heels in love.

Audrey sweeps into Hugh’s life like a category five hurricane, when she checks into one his resorts, and he finds she has broken into his office. The sparks fly immediately, but things keep getting better as Audrey ends up staying on and working for Hugh, and you can guess what happens next.

Hugh is beside himself due to his loss of control, over this business, and his life. He picks at Audrey for a long time, but soon finds she is just what he needs to help him finally break free of his self-imposed prison. I loved the dialogue between Audrey and Hugh, which went from bickering to flirting to bickering, to making up, which was highly entertaining.

While Hugh and his family are certainly a complex and complicated mix, each one coping with personal demons and issues, I found the dynamic between Riley and Hugh to be very interesting, but, it was Audrey’s story that had me reaching for my box of tissues. Audrey is truly inspirational and it was so rewarding to see her open her wings and fly.

This novel is a ‘feel good’ story which is both fun and emotional, with a nice love story, that’s touching, sexy, and sweet all at once, but it’s not overly cloying or heavy although some tough issues are addressed. I really enjoyed this one and will be eagerly awaiting the third book in the series.

Overall 4 stars ( )
  gpangel | Feb 16, 2016 |

Aubrey Burke is on the run from an about-to-be disastrous mistake when resort owner Hugh Shaughnessy catches her climbing through his office window. Until Aubrey tumbled into his life, Hugh had relied on work and discipline to safeguard a heart damaged by family tragedy. Now, his careful world will never be the same. Hugh's approach to life and love is the opposite of Aubrey's, but she soon finds herself falling hard for the handsome hotel mogul. There's a darker reason behind her "live for today" attitude than Hugh could possibly know, but for the first time Aubrey dares to hope this man's love might make it worth taking a chance on the future.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,588,592 books! | Top bar: Always visible