Jung and Tarot: An Archetypal Journey by…

Jung and Tarot: An Archetypal Journey

by Sallie Nichols

Other authors: Laurens van der Post (Introduction)

Recently added byprivate library, RNGcurator, KoobieKitten, Desertcore, RoarofRapture, docbg98, snickering_imp

Somewhat dry & stuffy. A not altogether thrilling read. However, interesting overall theory and conclusions makes reading worthwhile. ( )
  lonorising | Dec 16, 2008 |
A very interesting look at the archetypes shown in the twenty-two major trumps of the tarot, from a Jungian point of view. Lots of interesting ties to myths, literature, popular culture, and history. ( )
  GrrlEditor | Jan 13, 2008 |
"The author studied at the C.G. Jung Institute in Zurich and taught at the C.G. Jung Institute in Los Angeles. Her book takes us through the connections between archetypes as used in literature and art and the archetypes of the Tarot, illustrating the universality of the Tarot archetypes. People of all ages and cultures have dreamed, storied, and sung about the archetypal Mother, Father, Lover, Hero, Magician, Fool, Devil, Savior, and Old Wise Man. The author explains how the Tarot images represent these archetypal images and with great depth, she instructs how to recognize ourselves, others and issues with the cards. The book clearly demonstrates how powerful these symbols act and react in all of us."
  Simoneln | Nov 13, 2007 |
I read this book many years ago, when I was just learning to read the cards. To be honest, most of it was way over my head at the time, so I don't remember much about it. There is probably good stuff here, but I can't say what it is, since not much of it "stuck" with me, consciously, anyway. ( )
  herebedragons | Feb 16, 2007 |

Sallie Nicholsprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
van der Post, LaurensIntroductionsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Highly innovative work presenting a piercing interpretation of the tarot in terms of Jungian psychology. Through analogy with the humanities, mythology and the graphic arts, the significance of the cards is related to personal growth and individuation. The major arcana becomes a map of life, and the hero's journey becomes something that each individual can relate to the symbolism of the cards and therefore to the personal life.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,759,006 books! | Top bar: Always visible