War of the Twins by Margaret Weis

War of the Twins

by Margaret Weis, Tracy Hickman

Series: Dragonlance: Legends (2), Dragonlance (356 AC)

The second book in this series picks up right where the previous one left off - sort of, as there are time travel aspects here that sometime get confusing. This is more about the history of the world of Krynn and what went on before the original trilogy. Great characters and good plot keeps this one going through the whole book. ( )
  Karlstar | Jun 9, 2018 |
I could not have loved these books more when I was in junior high. I think it was because I was in love with Raistlin Majere. God knows why. God also probably knows that I grew up to love his real-world equivalent, in many different guises – the common theme being the misunderstood, smart guy. Together, it was us against the world. What I didn’t see then, that only two decades has taught me, is that Raistlin didn’t just need someone to love him for him – Caramon already did that, and it wasn’t enough – Raistlin already loved himself. So, I think I am afraid that if you let your young girls read Dragonlance, they’ll date bad men. It makes me wonder, is the characterization in the book inherently flawed, skewed to somehow glorify the misanthropic?

I don’t think so. Ultimately, what I think was going on is that the Dragonlance series created a vast series of characters with varying personalities, and that Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman managed to make all of them, from the uptight Knight of Solamnia, to the bouncy kender, to the mage discussed above, real people with real motivations, who could be loved, and understood, and cared about. If they are somewhat archetypal (stereotypical?), they are none the worse for it. Even in the real world, often artists do not act like bankers, and so forth, finding similarities among their own kind.

The Twins series is probably my favorite of all the Dragonlance books, involving time travel, Caramon and Raistlin Majere, and Raistlin’s attempt to answer the age old question, what does it profit a man to gain the whole world, if he loses his own soul? ( )
  AnnieHidalgo | May 9, 2018 |
Dragonpants ! ( )
  Baku-X | Jan 10, 2017 |
Estava à espera que a trilogia fosse mais consistente que o Chronicles mas para mim o título War é pouco explorado e aborda demasiado as manipulações do Raistlin ( )
  bruc79 | Jul 31, 2015 |
I wanted to scream when I finished this book. I realize that there's another book in this series, but at this point....NNNNOOOO!

I'm so mad at Raistlin right now. I realize there is good in him, but he needs to get over wanting to become a God. He's putting everyone in jeopardy. He's betraying his brother and what couple friends he has. Such a self centered ass!

Then there is Caramon. He knows his brother is stabbing him in the back. But in his mind, his live for his brother will prevail. We will see how that works out.

Poor Tas. He's so mistreated. I can't believe Raistlin did what he did. It tore at my heart when he called Caramon his best friend.

I'm getting way to emotionally attached to a bunch of fictional characters. OMG, I'm a huge dork. Anyway, I can't wait to see what ends up happening..,so excited! ( )
  cbilbo | Apr 8, 2014 |

Weis, Margaretprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Hickman, Tracymain authorall editionsconfirmed
Cossato, Gian PaoloTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Sandrelli, SandroTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Stawicki, MattCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This book is dedicated to
you who are sharing our journeys through Krynn.
Thank you, reader, for walking this path with us.
---Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman
The dark waters of time swirled about the archmage's black robes, carrying him and those with him forward through the years.
Chapter 1

A hoarse, bellowing yell of fear and horror shattered Crysania's sleep.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0786918055, Mass Market Paperback)

Catapulted forward in time by Raistlin’s powerful magic, Caramon and Crysania find themselves aiding the mage’s unholy quest to master the Queen of Darkness. To his dismay, Raistlin discovers along the way that the annals of Time are not so easily bent to his will. Neither are the longings of his heart.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:36 -0400)

One hundred years have passed since the fiery Cataclysm that changed the face of Krynn forever. For one hundred years, the people of Krynn have struggled to survive. But for some, those one hundred years have passed in the blink of an eye. Catapulted forward in time by Raistlin's powerful magic, Caramon and Crysania find themselves aiding the mage's unholy quest to master the Queen of Darkness. To his dismay, Raistlin discovers along the way that the annals of Time are not so easily bent to his will. Neither are the longings of his heart.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,903,974 books! | Top bar: Always visible