Broken Trail by Alan Geoffrion

Broken Trail

by Alan Geoffrion

Broken Trail by Alan Geoffrian is a deceptively simple book told in a straight forward, heart-felt way. Set in the 1890’s, two cowboys, a crusty older man and his younger, stronger, silent partner and nephew, invest all their savings into buying a herd of horses in eastern Oregon and delivering them to Sheridan, Wyoming. Along the trail the men have various adventures and met a variety of characters, some good and some bad. They rescue a group of young Chinese girls from a slaver and then try to find them a safe place to live.

The author wrote the book with Robert Duvall in mind for the older character, and I am guessing he was over the moon when Robert Duvall agreed to play the part in the movie that was made. I have to admit a great part of the enjoyment of this book for me was imagining Robert Duvall as “Uncle Print” Ritter.

I enjoyed this book and found it a great escape read and I would certainly read anything else by this author that I could get my hands on. ( )
  DeltaQueen50 | Apr 29, 2010 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0786019921, Mass Market Paperback)

This heartfelt novel traces the intertwined fates of a pair of honest horse wranglers and a group of kidnapped Chinese women during the late 1800s. Based on historical documents and more than five years of research, Broken Trail is the basis for the Emmy award-winning AMC cable network's first original production, starring Robert Duvall and Thomas Haden Church.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:20:53 -0400)

After the death of his sister, cowboy Print Ritter and his young nephew find adventure while driving horses to Wyoming, and attempt to rescue five young Chinese girls from being forced into prostitution.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,604,519 books! | Top bar: Always visible