Love Undercover by Jo Edwards

I expected to like this book a bit more then I did. It was pretty fast paced and it is a quick read. Some parts were funny (Kaitlyn "studying" how to be a spy by watching Alias and The Jason Bourne films) but it had too many pop culture references that (even though I was a teenager when this book was released) still took me out of the story. they watched a lot of Laguna Beach and update Myspace. Many of the characters were just one dimensional villains and I wished we could actually see Kaitlyn and Blaine falling for each other. All you know is that he is cute and nice(although he just seems to be a bad judge of character).

If you want to read a book where the bad girl is just bad (no reason, just a terrible person) and the good girls are a bit awkward (and have a lot of embarrassing moments) but cute then I would recommend this book. Good for a day at the beach. ( )
  Rebecca790 | Sep 21, 2013 |
Reviewed by Andie Z. for TeensReadToo.com

Kaitlyn Nichols doesn't have your typical parents. Her father is a member of the FBI secret service and is often gone for long periods of time. Her mother is a sex (excuse me, "relationship") columnist, and her research frequently involves piles of thongs and condoms lying around the house. However, despite what one might think, her parents' work doesn't usually affect Kaitlyn too much. Until now.

Now Kaitlyn is responsible for keeping Blaine safe and watching out for anything suspicious. She brushes up on her spy tricks by watching Alias, The Bourne Identity, and James Bond, and she feels ready to handle anything that comes her way. But when she starts to fall for Blaine, she realizes that she's broken the number one rule of being a secret agent: she's gotten emotionally involved.

I've really enjoyed all the books in the Simon Romantic Comedies series, and LOVE UNDERCOVER is a great addition. The spy stuff doesn't overwhelm the book, but it's just enough to be fun, and Kaitlyn deals with problems that every teenager faces: liking the popular boy who doesn't know you exist, dealing with mean popular girls, and occasionally keeping secrets, even from best friends. I definitely hope that Jo Edwards contributes more books to the Romantic Comedies series -- and soon! ( )
  GeniusJen | Oct 12, 2009 |
Written for http://teensreadtoo.com/

Enter Blaine Donovan, AKA "Gordon," AKA the son of a Texas billionaire, AKA major hottie. Blaine's father is in the middle of a big business deal, and his rivals have started threatening the family. So, Kaitlyn's dad has put Blaine in the Witness Protection Program as Gordon Dennis Nichols, Kaitlyn's third-cousin who has come to live with her family and go to school with her for a few months. Now Kaitlyn is responsible for keeping Blaine safe and watching for anything suspicious. She brushes up on her spy tricks by watching Alias, The Bourne Identity, and James Bond, and she feels ready to handle anything that comes her way. But when she starts to fall for Blaine, she realizes that she's broken the number one rule of being a secret agent: she's gotten emotionally involved.

I've really enjoyed all the books in the Simon Romantic Comedies series, and LOVE UNDERCOVER is a great addition. The spy stuff doesn't overwhelm the book, but it's just enough to be fun, and Kaitlyn deals with problems that every teenager faces: liking the popular boy who doesn't know you exist, dealing with mean popular girls, and occasionally keeping secrets even from best friends. I definitely hope that Jo Edwards contributes more books to the Romantic Comedies series – and soon! ( )
  GuavaLove | Mar 20, 2009 |

Jo Edwardsprimary authorall editionscalculated
Edwards, Jomain authorall editionsconfirmed

Kaitlyn Nichols craves a little mystery and mayhem in her life. Having a secret agent for a father should do the trick, but unfortunately Dad is no OO7, and danger is nowhere on the horizon.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,739,792 books! | Top bar: Always visible