Do-Over by Niki Burnham

Reviewed by JenJen for TeensReadToo.com

Poor Valerie has had a tough year, what with her mom asking her diplomat father for a divorce and then dropping a bomb on them that she has been dating another woman on the side and they want to move in together!

Then, as if things can't get any worse, because of her father's high-profile job at the White House and the President running for re-election, having your ex-wife come out of the closet is not a good thing where your job is concerned. So Val's dad has quietly, until after the election, taken an equally great job as a diplomat in Europe.

This leaves Val torn between staying with her friends and moving in with her mom and her girlfriend or moving millions of miles away with her dad - and having to learn a totally different language and way of life.

She opts for the latter, and there she meets him: the prince. They immediately form a friendship, as they are close in age, will be attending the same school, and are even living under the same roof, even if it is a huge palace with lots and lots of wings!

I enjoyed the quiet relationship between Val and Prince Georg, but like them, long for the day when they can go public with their romance and have fun like other kids their age. I felt so sad for Val, who was longing for her old home and friends to be near but not wanting to lose this newfound puppy love with Prince Georg, either.

I look forward to seeing what happens next, but also hope to soon get the opportunity to go back and read the first part of this series! ( )
  GeniusJen | Feb 3, 2010 |
I didn't really like this book. The first book about Val was the better one. This was really a bit over the top from Romantic Comedies. It didn't make me laugh like the first two. ( )
  Df6B_ArielB | Feb 19, 2009 |
I absoulutly love this book. The whole series is really great. You should read some of the other Simon Pulse books if you like this one. They are cute, little stories that don't take long to read and are really just fun. These 3 books(Royaly Jacked, Spin Control, & Do-Over) are my favorites so far in the Simon Pulse series. ( )
  snapplechick | Jan 27, 2008 |
I'm in love! I'm in love! I'm in loooooovvvvve!

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0689876203, Mass Market Paperback)

When it comes to love, how many chances do you get?

Girl meets prince. Girl looses prince. Girl gets prince back -- right? Well, that's what Valerie is hoping. She's back in Schwerinborg after spending some time with her mother in the good ol' US of A, and hopes that sparks are still flying between her and Georg. At first it looks like things are going great, until a ski trip to the Alps has Val and Georg's romance hitting some moguls. Could Val's love life be heading for a face-plant?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:13:32 -0400)

Valerie returns from the U.S. to Schwerinborg in hopes that there is still something left of her romance with Georg. Everything seems great at first, but a ski trip to the Alps puts a different light on things.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,933,894 books! | Top bar: Always visible