The Chimes by Charles Dickens

The Chimes

by Charles Dickens

Other authors: Richard Armitage (Narrator)

91950,433 (3.67)None

Audible gave this lovely little audiobook away as a Christmas gift to its customers last year, and I'm finally listening to it this holiday season. I didn't even realize that A Christmas Carol was the first in a series of holiday stories written by Charles Dickens, but I will definitely be checking out the rest of that series.

Dickens always does such a great job depicting the chasm between the rich and poor in his work, and this one not only does that discrepancy justice, but is also quite timely in today's world. There are magical figures once again showing our characters the error of their thinking, but it takes quite a different turn then the better known A Christmas Carol, and in today's rhetoric of lazy ne're-do-wells perhaps it is even more poignant. Great narration in this classic. ( )
  RivetedReaderMelissa | Mar 22, 2018 |

Dickens, Charlesprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Armitage, RichardNarratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,243,401 books! | Top bar: Always visible