A Turbulent Affair by Sarah Doebereiner

A Turbulent Affair

by Sarah Doebereiner

212,551,640NoneNone
Recently added byS-A-D, bookstogetlostin

At the beginning I was really confused, because this book starts with the aftermath and then I wasn't sure if that was the beginning, because then there were your usual book information. And then the start of the story. But okay.

I liked how Crystal not being really comfortable is shown instead of being told. The overall writing took me a while to get used to, because it was so abrupt.

I won't spoil the other secret, but I liked that one, because it isn't often you get to read something like that.

So, one might ask, why I dnf-ed this book... There is an explicit self-harming scene. I don't think I have closed a book as fast as this one before. I've gotta look after myself and reading something like that... nope. That scene, even though I only read the beginning, stayed with me for days. I had a feeling right before and I really wish I would have listened to my gut.

If you're not triggered by self harm you should check this one out, because it isn't your usual cute f/f romance and sometimes reading something different is really nice.

Disclaimer: The author provided me with a free copy in exchange for an honest review. Thank you.
  bookstogetlostin | Feb 17, 2016 |

Average: No ratings.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,788,922 books! | Top bar: Always visible