Winter's Wolf (Tales of the Harker Pack Book…

Winter's Wolf (Tales of the Harker Pack Book 3)

by Tara Lain

411,664,912 (4)None

This was a fantastic end to the series (if it was an end). I'm not sure if Ms. Lain has any more books planned in this universe, but if she ends it here, that would be fine.

This is definitely a continuation of the previous two books, in that part of the plot deals with unrest in the allied packs of Harker and Marketo (which became allied due to a marriage of alliance in [b:The Pack or the Panther|19450529|The Pack or the Panther (Tales of the Harker Pack, #1)|Tara Lain|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1386978299s/19450529.jpg|27538135]). That "Alliance" has caused some dissension for many people. There is also further dissension in the ranks due to Lindsey's marriage to Seth in [b:Wolf in Gucci Loafers|20798492|Wolf in Gucci Loafers (Tales of the Harker Pack #2)|Tara Lain|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1395062885s/20798492.jpg|40141774].

This is where Winter and Damon Thane enter the picture. Damon has been away from the area for 26 years (as such, his son Winter, who is only 20, has lived off-the-grid his whole life and doesn't have much experience or patience with pack politics). To start with Damon tells Winter they are returning so that Winter can have the experience with the pack (and that so he can get over this notion of sleeping with men). How shocking it is for him to learn to two same-sex pairings, and that apparently there is such a thing as a gay werewolf.

However, it doesn't take long for us (and Winter) to discover that Damon had an ulterior motive for returning home.

I've been kind of divided on this whole 'cardinal rule' thing. I get why it exists, but I think there can and should be exceptions. Lyndsey's family, for example, or if a person was to mate a human. That shouldn't be a deal-breaker. I mean, obviously, you wouldn't want to tell every person you slept with, or untrustworthy people, but there has to be some sort of middle ground.

Anyway, I liked that this one had more Lyndsey because I adore him (I know everyone is all about Cole and Paris, but for me it's Lyndsey), and I really like his whole family, so I'm glad they were all featured here, and we did learn all about how he came to be, so that was good.

I didn't think I was going to like Damon at first (his opinions about gays and his reasons for bringing Winter to Connecticut) but I actually did really like him. I liked that he could admit that he was wrong and that when he realized that both his sons were gay he wasn't trying to blame himself or thinking it was something he'd done wrong, etc... It just was.

I liked the way the whole thing ended, though I do wonder about the coup and the Harker-Marketo alliance. I doubt all the dissenters are done...dissenting.

saohicwitch | Apr 21, 2016 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,023,672 books! | Top bar: Always visible