Warped Justice by Kevin Schwartz

Warped Justice

by Kevin Schwartz

I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
The book starts off strong, with one of the characters being in a mental institution after being sexually assaulted in jail. You really feel for the character's plight and start rooting for him. Then the focus shifts to his older brother, Jason, who's character is hard to determine at first, but very quickly, and seemingly out of the blue becomes a murderer, trying to avenge the injustice done to his brother. The character progression of these two in particular is erratic and unrealistic. Both brothers seem to, very early on in the book, loose their grip with reality and have no problem murdering and hurting innocent people that they deem as annoyances or deserving of their homemade justice. There was no real build up to Jason or Matthew becoming killers (or attempted killer's in Matthew's case), all at once they just were. And neither of them seemed to experience any hardship over it either. In Jason's case he lost his girlfriend, left his family and conceded to living his life on the run as though it was all just expendable.
In short, the story line was good, the characters were ok and the overall feel of the book left something to be desired. But I will definitely give this author another shot as I really think the author was on the right track with this book.
To read my full review please go to https://opinionatedbw.blogspot.ca/ ( )
  OpinionatedBookworm | Oct 11, 2017 |
I am an avid reader of lawyer books (slap a gavel or a courthouse on the cover and I’ll jump at the chance to read it), so the scales of justice and the title drew me to Kevin Schwartz’s novel. But I had no idea I was in for such a wild ride!

This is not your typical courtroom drama, nor is it the classic everyday-lawyer-stumbles-upon-big-conspiracy-resulting-in-life-threatening-action story. (Don’t get me wrong, I love those and devour them like candy!) This book is much, much more.

This is a man’s tale of revenge for a lawyer’s perceived incompetence in handling his brother’s criminal case and for the system that failed his brother. It is an emotional and exciting thriller that will cause every criminal defense lawyer to consider whether they are in danger due to a lost case. And it opens the reader’s eyes and heart to the way rage and frustration with a broken judicial system could cause a person to take matters into his own hands—and how such an action could spiral out of control.

I received an advance reader copy of this book in exchange for my unbiased review. I look forward to reading the sequel! ( )
  LizTipping | Aug 24, 2017 |
Warped Justice is a fast-paced, action-packed tale of revenge. Jason Felding will do anything for his kid brother, including framing an innocent man for murder. Matt was made an example of, and was sent to jail for his minor offense, but unfortunately was traumatized while incarcerated. Peter Garrison was the lawyer who failed to keep Matt out of jail, and therefore becomes Jason's target for justice. After he kills the man responsible for getting Matt arrested, Jason frames Peter for the murder. Peter cannot figure out who would want to frame him and needs to clear his name and find the real killer.
The story is told from alternating character viewpoints, so the reader gets to see both Jason's and Peter's side of things. The action starts right away, and while the reader doesn't get to see Jason's plan ahead of time, one is right there when it's put into action. It is interesting to watch Peter deal with the situation, as well as watch his character grow. Warped Justice was a quick and enjoyable read, perfect for your commute or while on vacation. ( )
  JenGarland | Apr 19, 2017 |
this story is about mattew Rincon he was drinking underage in the peking dragon...the owner Michael chang calls the police....peter garrison is his lawyer and mattew gets sent to jail where he is sexually abused when he gets out he is not the same boy...his brother Jason felding decides that both of them must pay for what happened to mattew..... ( )
  patty1323 | Feb 15, 2017 |
Justin, one of the main characters, feels that there has been a miscarriage of justice so in a twist of rationalization his justice becomes revenge against the two people he sees as having ruined his brother's life.
The dialogue is witty and the story is nicely developed.
  keepfitz | Feb 13, 2017 |

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Kevin Schwartz's book Warped Justice was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Kevin Schwartz is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,443,550 books! | Top bar: Always visible