Dead Man Walking by Simon R. Green

Dead Man Walking

by Simon R. Green

Frank Parker has been a rogue agent for the Organization for many years. Now he is back, and wants to tell his secrets about deception in the Organization. The Organization has called in Ishmael Jones, one of their top agents, to interview Parker. The Organization sends Ishmael to Ringstone Lodge, where Parker waits, being secured by hired guards and other members of the Organization. Ishmael has one meeting with Parker, and then all hell breaks loose. Parker is murdered, but the cameras didn't capture the murder. Then Parker's body goes missing, and again, the cameras weren't recording. As other strange events occur, everyone at Ringstone Lodge becomes a suspect, and no one can escape notice. This book was not bad, but it reminded me why I don't read straight mysteries very often: there are a few people locked away together, something bad happens, everyone is a suspect, and the person who seems way too obvious to be the culprit really is the culprit. I just don't enjoy reading that type of books, so one in a long while is enough for me. I prefer the more suspense/psychological thriller books, which this was not. As I said, not bad, just not my favorite genre. ( )
  litgirl29 | Sep 26, 2016 |

“Call me Ishmael. Ishmael Jones. I am the man in the shadows, that even the shadows are afraid of. The secret agent whose life is the greatest secret of all. And some of the cases I work are trickier than others.”

Ishmael heads to Ringstone Lodge in Yorkshire where Parker is being held to find that an atmosphere of fear and suspicion prevails. As he and his fellow residents are menaced by a series of alarming and inexplicable incidents, Ishmael sets out to prove that it’s human trickery rather than any supernatural being behind the seemingly ghostly goings-on. But matters take an unexpected turn when one of their number is brutally murdered, and once again Ishmael must turn detective in order to entrap a twisted killer before they strike again.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 22 Feb 2016 12:10:36 -0500)

"A rogue agent has come in from the cold and wants to spill his secrets. The Organisation wants Ishmael to find out if Frank Parker is who he says he is, what he really knows, and why he has emerged from the shadows after all this time. Ishmael heads to Ringstone Lodge in Yorkshire where Parker is being held to find that an atmosphere of fear and suspicion prevails. As he and his fellow residents are menaced by a series of alarming and inexplicable incidents, Ishmael sets out to prove that it's human trickery rather than any supernatural being behind the seemingly ghostly goings-on. But matters take an unexpected turn when one of their number is brutally murdered, and once again Ishmael must turn detective in order to entrap a twisted killer before they strike again"--… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,397,160 books! | Top bar: Always visible