First Star I See Tonight by Susan Elizabeth…

First Star I See Tonight

by Susan Elizabeth Phillips

Series: The Chicago Stars (8)

199759,063 (3.96)9

Very enjoyable as an audiobook. Several times I laughed out loud. Really enjoyed these two characters. They were funny together. ( )
  MHanover10 | Feb 4, 2018 |
What's not to love? Ms. Phillips writes incredibly quirky heroines, your average woman on the street (okay, not so average). Piper is feisty and strong and so out of her league with the big hotshot drop dead gorgeous athlete. Ms. Phillips's knack for writing plucky, down-on-her-luck heroines make the characters very relateable and has you pulling for them in the end. Once I started reading this one, I knew I wasn't going to be able to put it down. Highly recommended. ( )
  Karla.Brandenburg | Dec 12, 2017 |
Really enjoyed this one. The characters were interesting and the situation was fresh (relatively). Both of the characters were sympathetic. I read it really quickly which is always a good sign. It made me want to read some of my other Susan Elizabeth Phillips novels which is also a good sign. I like the humor, I like the feeling that although these characters are in way real, you wish they were. ( )
  phyllis2779 | Sep 16, 2017 |
I had to buy this on release day. Big shoes had to be filled since Natural Born Charmer is my all time favorite book. I have to be honest and say that it didn't take over my number one spot but it was really good.

My second worry was about how much I was going to enjoy the audio version. I truly missed hearing Anne Fields/Kate Fleming bringing our Chicago Stars to life but Nicole Poole did a really good job. I was absolutely lost in the story.

Can't wait to see what SEP brings us next.
  tiffsaddictiontobook | Jul 18, 2017 |
REVIEW: Loved this book! How fun! Just enough twists to make it more. Piper and Coop were lovable and crazy.
DESCRIPTION, NOT REVIEW: Piper Dove is a woman with a dream—to become the best detective in the city of Chicago. First job? Trail former Chicago Stars quarterback, Cooper Graham. Problem? Graham’s spotted her, and he’s not happy.

Which is why a good detective needs to think on her feet. “The fact is . . . I’m your stalker. Not full-out barmy. Just . . . mildly unhinged.”

Piper soon finds herself working for Graham himself, although not as the bodyguard he refuses to admit he so desperately needs. Instead, he’s hired her to keep an eye on the employees at his exclusive new nightclub. But Coop’s life might be in danger, and Piper’s determined to protect him, whether he wants it or not. (Hint: Not!) If only she weren’t also dealing with a bevy of Middle Eastern princesses, a Pakistani servant girl yearning for freedom, a teenager who just wants of fit in, and an elderly neighbor demanding Piper find her very dead husband.

And then there’s Cooper Graham himself, a legendary sports hero who always gets what he wants—even if what he wants is a feisty detective hell bent on proving she’s as tough as he is.

From the bustling streets of Chicago to a windswept lighthouse on Lake Superior to the glistening waters of Biscayne Bay, two people who can’t stand to lose will test themselves and each other to discover what matters most. ( )
  treehousereader | Mar 10, 2017 |

Susan Elizabeth Phillipsprimary authorall editionscalculated
Poole, NicoleReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
The city was his.

A star quarterback and a feisty detective play for keeps in this sporty, sexy, sassy novel—a long-awaited new entry in the beloved, award-winning, New York Times bestselling author’s fan-favorite Chicago Stars football series.

Piper Dove is a woman with a dream—to become the best detective in the city of Chicago. First job? Trail former Chicago Stars quarterback, Cooper Graham. Problem? Graham’s spotted her, and he’s not happy.

Which is why a good detective needs to think on her feet. “The fact is . . . I’m your stalker. Not full-out barmy. Just . . . mildly unhinged.”

(retrieved from Amazon Fri, 26 Feb 2016 21:27:21 -0500)

Discovered by the former quarterback she was hired to tail, detective Piper Dove pretends to be the athlete's stalker and is subsequently hired as his bodyguard, an arrangement threatened by their growing chemistry.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,550,936 books! | Top bar: Always visible