One Lucky Hero by Codi Gary

One Lucky Hero

by Codi Gary

Series: Men in Uniform [Gary] (Jun 2016 - book 1)

This is the first book in the Men in Uniform series. There is a novella that comes before this called I Need a Hero that I loved and reviewed. You really don't need to read it first but...why not? I think you'll really enjoy it so give it a try. Plus it kind of sets up what the series is all about.

I really love Dean, from the second he growled at his friend Tyler I was hooked. I find it funny that he says he wants one thing, but really wants another. You can't help but enjoying his character. The man is down to earth and never backs down from a fight.

Now Violet in the beginning of the book I really liked. But her actions to what was going on in her life got on my nerves a little bit. I get that she has so many responsibilities on her shoulders, but instead of jumping on Dean, she should be kicking her brother and sisters asses.

Both of the them are ungrateful and rude.

Of course without their actions a big part of the story wouldn't be there so I get it. I just wouldn't let anyone treat me that way, even someone I love.

But like I said, it all makes for a good story.

One Lucky Hero is a must read. Great story, fantastic characters. and a punch of humor that will leave you wanting more.

Reviewed for Romancing the Readers Blog:

Romancing the Readers Facebook Page:

Received for a honest review ( )
  AnnLorz | Jun 10, 2016 |
Violet has gone through so much in her life and trusting people doesn’t come easy for her. Losing her mother to suicide and when one night of torment leads to chasing off her drug addicted father, all Violet wants is one night of letting loose. She meets Dean at a concert and has the best night of her life. But it all comes crashing down when she receives a phone call and has to face reality. Her brother has gotten into some trouble and instead of going to juvie, they give him an out: stay at Alpha Dog training center for a month. Turns out Violet’s one night stand is the boss at Alpha Dog and she has to see him constantly.

Four Reasons To Read ONE LUCKY HERO:

1. DEPTH: This story has so much depth to the characters, you have to slowly peel off the layers. Starting with Violet, from such a young age she has had to grow up to take care of her siblings and it hasn’t been easy. She is so strong, though. She wants to do good for her siblings so they can have a good future. Sgt. Dean Sparks also has a past that he hasn’t been wanting to face. Despite all of it, he wants to return to active duty, but interactions with a certain red-head has him considering if that’s what he truly wants.

2. FAMILY & TOUGH ISSUES: Family is so important in this story and it’s highlighted all the time. Violet and her siblings went through a lot, especially Vi’s younger brother Casey. He has a secret of what happened to him and why he changed from being a loving and caring boy to someone who doesn’t care and cringes at anyone touching him. I felt so bad for Casey. Something was tormenting him, but he never spoke of what was going on. Instead, he lashed out. My heart broke for him so many times. The author introduced issues like suicide, drug addiction, and rape. All of them weren’t easy to read. Despite all the tough topics, Codi Gary included some funny moments that balanced the story.

3. ROMANCE: Gosh, the romance!!! *fangirls and swoons* Violet and Dean are the perfect match. I was so beyond in love with their story. They are both so stubborn, it’s not even funny. They are so cute together, though. I was definitely rooting for them through the entire story. Since Violet has a tough past that has made her not trust easily, she doesn’t trust Dean and that’s where I got frustrated. I totally understand where she’s coming from but she kept pushing Dean away. Still, the romance was so cute and sexy and off the charts.

4. FRIENDSHIP: While they weren’t much in the story, the few times they were made the story so fun. Right from the start, I knew a certain character was going to make me laugh and he did! I hope he has his story coming out soon because I will devour it. I cannot wait to read the rest of the stories as I’m sure they will be a blast!

Overall, this story will make you laugh, cry, and fall in love. It’s a beautiful story, filled with laughter and so many feels! If this start to a new series was this brilliant, give me all the books! I’m in love with all the characters and it was so easy to understand their story, even if I hadn’t gone through it.
Review can be found on Latte Nights Reviews:
https://lattenightsreviews.com/arc-review-one-lucky-hero/ ( )
  GenGenBookBlog | Jun 6, 2016 |
Codi Gary’s upcoming release One Lucky Hero is going to be one of the hottest Contemporary Romances of 2016. It’s sweet and intense, and an all around phenomenal read.

One Lucky Hero was definitely an emotionally satisfying read. I ugly cried a few times, I laughed a lot. Nothing says a great read when you cry one minute and laugh the next. I’m pretty sure I fell in love not once but a dozen times with Dean. Because damn if the man isn’t sexy as hell.

He’s stubborn, is a pro at pulling off the whole brooding sexy man look. He at times is charming, others moody as all get out. I love him because while he may be damaged he loves so fiercely.

And then there’s Violet. She’s strong in all the ways that matter. She’s fierce and independent, second guesses herself constantly and puts everyone else before herself. I love her strength, her will to find the best in every situation. Her will not to give up.

But what I really love, is that moment where she realizes it’s ok for her to need someone too.

And when her and Dean meet…oh, it’s hilarious and sweet and man, if you don’t laugh your ass off and fall in love with them both at the same time.

That’s the great thing about Ms. Gary’s novels. Her stories make you smile, cry your heart out, and fall in love. She’s perfected the art of a truly emotional read. Something that keeps her readers coming back for more. ( )
  Romance_Addict | Apr 27, 2016 |

Codi Garyprimary authorall editionscalculated
Damron, WillNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Codi Gary is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,924,156 books! | Top bar: Always visible