Avengers Forever by Kurt Busiek
Earth's Mightiest Heroes face a menace so great, it has made allies out of sworn enemies. This seemingly unconquerable enemy is--the future. Seven time-lost Avengers--plucked from the past, present, and future--must protect their longtime ally Rick Jones from death at the hands of Immortus, the Master of Time. To find out why Rick has been targeted for elimination, the Avengers must join forces with Kang the Conqueror, one of the team's deadliest, most implacable foes, in a cosmic battle that stretches from the Old West to the End of Time. As they do so, they discover they're fighting not just for one life, but for the very destiny of mankind.… (more)

I mean... It wasn't awful. But it did get a little tedious. There were a few cool twists at the end though :) ( )
  fogisbeautiful | Feb 13, 2018 |
I am new to the Marvel Universe and I will admit that this is a difficult introduction to the world of The Avengers. However, this comic has everything! Avengers from various time periods are brought together to fight the chronologically challenged Immortus throughout multiple timelines. I am not just talking about Avengers from different eras either, but characters at a defined low/high point brought together specifically for this Destiny War. There were moments where I was spinning in confusion, but the writer was able to clarify past events in only a few panels, helping even a Marvel neophyte like myself get back on the trolley. This was probably not the best starting point, but well worth the read. ( )
  JechtShot | Jan 22, 2016 |
One of the best Avengers stories ever. ( )
  Kurt.Rocourt | Jun 20, 2013 |

"I've read some Avengers stories, but not that many, so I seized upon the chance to bone up a bit.

Avengers Forever was probably not the place to start. It leans heavily on past adventures, heavily referencing the entirety of their run. To Kurt Busiek's credit, he's entirely aware of that, so each issue does it best to recap both previous issues and the older tidbits, and every two issues there's a whole page of endnotes to explain where everything came from. (I don't think I've seen a serious endnotes page since Marvels... which was also Busiek, wasn't it? Also, has DC ever printed endnotes on anything?)

It's a decent-enough adventure, though maybe I wonder if they didn't go far enough with the prancing about in 40 years of Avengers history. You've already gone this far, why not just go all the way?

Feeling out-of-sorts because of my general unfamiliarity with Avengers history (which is what led to the recent spring of comic-cataloging) I ended up ordering two more Avengers titles, which I finished over the weekend."
  lampbane | Jun 11, 2009 |

Busiek, KurtWriterprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Pacheco, CarlosIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Stern, Rogermain authorall editionsconfirmed
The fourth-closest planet to the star Beta Centauri, the Twenty-Sixth Century.

Collects Avengers Forever #1-12. Seven time-lost Avengers - plucked from the past, present and future - must protect their longtime ally Rick Jones from death at the hands of Immortus, the Master of Time. To learn why Rick has been targeted for elimination, the Avengers join forces with Kang the Conqueror - one of the team's deadliest foes!

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,745,647 books! | Top bar: Always visible