Yoga and meditation coloring book for…

Yoga and meditation coloring book for adults: With Yoga Poses and Mandalas…

I won this book from a LibraryThing giveaway in exchange for an honest review.

This was my first book that I won in the giveaway and how happy I am for that. It is gorgeous and detailed! It was also my first time using adult coloring books, I have to say, I get it now! I would highly recommend this book to anyone who appreciates beauty at its finest and those who want to try coloring for relaxation. ( )
  StefyMariah | Mar 7, 2017 |
Enjoy the beautiful pictures, but please don't think that you are getting anatomical asanas, The bodies are stylized and are much more amenable to colorization in the manner of India. The cover should give a clue. They are each a thing of beauty.
I won this book from a LibraryThing giveaway in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  jetangen4571 | Apr 27, 2016 |
Yoga Interpreted in Two Dimensional Art
This book allows readers to concentrate on yoga positions and symbols while comfortably sitting and coloring. I am inspired by the contents of this slim, artistic coloring book. ( )
  mnchkyn | Apr 4, 2016 |
Yoga and Meditation Coloring Book for Adults is a slim, large book with fifty different illustrations to color, which range from large, easy-to-do mandalas to very intricate, highly-embellished body forms in mind-bending yoga positions. The illustrations definitely have an east Asian feel to them, but they also celebrate the female form without being crass or vulgar. I smiled when I saw some illustrations depicting a pregnant woman; that was a nice surprise.

This was my second experience working in an adult coloring book. Since there were no guide pages to inform my color choices I drew on the cover art as inspiration. I liked the rainbow effect of the multi-colored body embellishments, and it freed me to do pretty much whatever I wanted. I began by using watercolor pencils, which are the easiest for me to handle with my arthritis.

The only difference this time was that I used a bit less water on my brush while dampening the penciling, mainly to keep from saturating the page. I also placed a paper towel under the page to keep the watercolor from soaking through to the next page. I was surprised at how little bleed-through there was to the back side of the page when I was finished. The pages of the book are pretty lightweight, but they hold up well.

For my second page I tried my artist-quality colored pencils. Because I can't use a lot of pressure due to the arthritis, I was expecting the same, poor results I had with the Barcelona book. I soon discovered that my penciling looked much brighter this time, which I have to attribute to the quality of the paper in the book.

I tested my fine-line Sharpie markers on the pages (and if you want to test any media in a coloring book, the best place is the title page or the back/end page), but they did bleed through quite a bit. As an alternative I bought some washable markers and erasable colored pencils, both made by Crayola, and used them to do two pages for a side-by-side comparison. The markers came out very vivid, and the tips allowed me to use both broad and fine strokes when I needed to. The colored pencils produced a lighter, more artsy result, but I liked the convenience of being able to erase any mistakes I made.

I liked all the results this time around; I think the washable markers performed best, and with 50 colors more shades to choose from you can get a lot of shading and contrast. The watercolor penciling turned out almost as well, and gave me the opportunity to do a bit more in the way of shading and blending. The colored penciling might not have been as strong, but the paper used in the book seemed to help me get more color onto the page with them. Working from a book also didn't make a lot of difference, as this one is very flexible and lays pretty flat while you're using it.

With every page I worked on in the Yoga and Meditation coloring book I felt almost instantly calm, focused, and clear-headed. I can't explain that any more than I could with the Barcelona book. It was a very relaxing experience, and now that I have an entire book to work on I will be revisiting it every time I need to wind down and find some serenity. Since I'm a high-strung person whose thoughts are perpetually crowded, this is simply wonderful for me. I highly recommend Alexandru Ciobanu's Yoga and Meditation Coloring Book for Adults. I received a free copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  skelly | Mar 31, 2016 |
I just joined LibraryThing last month, primarily in order to enter giveaways, so I'm still getting a handle on how things work around here. I requested this coloring book my first day of entering giveaways, and so when I won I was simultaneously thrilled (I've been entering Goodreads giveaways for months without winning anything) and shocked that I'd just won an EBOOK of a coloring book. How exactly does that work?

Well, anyway, I looked through the pictures and now I'm posting my review. I haven't actually colored them, but even if I printed them and colored the pictures I still wouldn't be able to review the experience of coloring the actual bound book you'd buy at the store.

They really are very gorgeous pictures, and looking through them makes me sad that I don't have them in hard-copy. I'm not a huge coloring person, certainly not motivated enough to get off my butt and buy myself coloring books, so the only time I really indulge in coloring is when i'm doing it in something I'm going to review. I don't do yoga, either, but I've been really wanting to start. The pretty poses in the coloring book make me want to start even more.

Thank you very much to the author for giving me the chance to review this coloring book!
  Jaina_Rose | Mar 15, 2016 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,391,534 books! | Top bar: Always visible