While My Eyes Were Closed by Linda Green

While My Eyes Were Closed

by Linda Green

Lisa Dale’s worst nightmare comes true while she is playing hide-and-seek with her precious, four-year-old daughter. When Lisa Lisa opens her eyes, she finds that Ella is gone. Lisa heard no screams, no commotion. Ella was simply gone. Thus begins the longest and most frightening week of Lisa’s life!

This story is narrated by three people, giving us three different perspectives of the crime. However, it is not until near the end when we finally understand the situation fully. This book had me reading well into the night. The characters are well-developed, and they effectively tell us a story that will have you sitting on the edge of your seat.

I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an unbiased review. ( )
  Sandralovesbooks | Sep 2, 2017 |
I have never read any of Linda Green's books but I understand that this is a bit of a change from the norm for her. While My Eyes Were Closed was right up my street, being more of a psychological story. Lisa Dale is playing hide and seek in the park with her 4 year old daughter, Ella. Ella is really good at hiding so Lisa doesn't immediately panic when she can't find her but it soon becomes clear that she has gone missing. Without wanting to give away any of the story, what's clever about it is that we know from the beginning who has Ella and we see the gradual unfolding of the story from both sides.

I thought this was an engrossing page turner. It's every mother's nightmare to find their child missing and Ella's family's distress really came through. Her abductor was a very interesting character too and not quite what I was expecting. I found it very hard to put this book down - more of the same please, Linda Green! ( )
  nicx27 | Feb 14, 2016 |

Lisa Dale shuts her eyes and counts to one hundred during a game of hide-and-seek. When she opens them, her four-year-old daughter Ella is gone. Disappeared without a trace. The police, the media and Lisa's family all think they know who snatched Ella. But what if the person who took her isn't a stranger? What if they are convinced they are doing the right thing? And what if Lisa's little girl is in danger of disappearing forever?… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,442,607 books! | Top bar: Always visible