Red Boots and Assorted Things by Warren Ross

Red Boots and Assorted Things

by Warren Ross

This is a book that encourages you to make up your own stories, which I absolutely enjoyed. I read through this book with my mother and we had a lot of fun trying to analyze and come up with deeper meanings for each of the illustrations. It's a fun little read. ( )
  AmyHe | Mar 3, 2017 |
After reading the last page, I wanted more. This little book is full of whimsy, perfect for dreaming and getting lost in the illustrations. I really liked it, but then again I love odd things and love them more when they are assorted things ;) ( )
  LostRain | Sep 23, 2016 |
Absolutely adorable book. It's quirky in that way that it does not make much sense when reading it but still quite fun and I love that kinda quirky. As a mother of 4 kids, who reads to her kids often, if there is one thing I know it's that quirky books like this are the perfect reading material. Children don't have the longest attention spans so they do well with quick reads that don't have too much detail, that allows them to ask a ton of questions, and basically a book where they can create in their mind their own thoughts and ideas about the story. The illustrations in Red Boots and Assorted Things are amazing. Absolutely my most favorite thing about this book. I just adore every single picture..every single page..I can't even pick a favorite. There is so much going on...so much detail in every page. Full "spotlight" review of this book on my blog coming soon.

Thanks again to the amazing peeps at LibraryThing for allowing me to win such a great book for free in exchange for an honest review to which I gladly and voluntarily gave. ( )
  dalaimomma | Apr 14, 2016 |
Whimsical, Artsy, Fun
I adore the child friendly whismy of this book. I cannot wait to share itt with my grand children! The art and text are sure imaginiative conversation starters. ( )
  mnchkyn | Apr 4, 2016 |
This is a whimsical journey that my 5 year old twins and I read together and enjoyed greatly. ( )
  threlve | Mar 31, 2016 |
I won this book in a giveaway and it was in perfect condition when I received it! It is such a strange and quirky book! At times I found myself transfixed by the artwork on each page. It's super weird and I love it!

Please note that these two Unitarian Universalist books are by a different Warren Ross:

1) The Premise and the Promise: The Story of the Unitarian Universalist
2) Funding Justice: The Legacy of the Unitarian Universalist Veatch Program

Harmless Oddities Here! Fun, fantasy, and humor for all ages, just for amusement or as a friendly path to philosophy. The more you look, the more you see. The more you see, the more you think. Full color throughout. High-quality Smyth-sewn hardcover with dust jacket, offset printed on 135# paper. An alternative; an Everybody book; an unusual coffee table book. Vibrant pen-and-ink/watercolors by Victoria Usova.

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Warren Ross's book Red Boots and Assorted Things was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Warren Ross is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,443,012 books! | Top bar: Always visible