Still Counting by Phil Fragasso

by Phil Fragasso

113,689,591 (5)None
Recently added byJerseyGirlBookReview

No tags.

Still Counting is a fresh modern love story that deals with complicated relationship issues from the male perspective.

Author Phil Fragasso weaves an intriguing tale set in Cambridge, Massachusetts, that follows the complicated romance of twenty-nine year old English teacher Adam Donatello and twenty-two year old aspiring artist Nina Morales. Adam meets Nina in the veterinarian office parking lot after he had to put down Casey, his beloved seven year old chocolate lab.

Told in the first person perspective, Adam easily draws the reader into the development of his romantic relationship with Nina. it is a relationship that is interwoven with witty banter, humor, angst, and complicated issues dealing with trust, openness, and jealousy. Adam wants nothing more than to find his soul-mate and have true love, but when Nina reveals her past relationships with women, Adam's insecurities and fear of commitment rises to the surface and jealousy rears its ugly head. Can Adam and Nina resolve their differences and allow their relationship to grow, or will Adam's self-destructive tendencies tear them apart?

I thought that the author did a wonderful job of providing the reader with a well written and refreshing new take on romantic relationships through the male's perspective. I found myself on a seesaw when it came to embracing Adam in regard to his relationship struggles, at times I sympathized with him and wanted to hug him, but at other times he exasperated the crap out me enough that I wanted to smack him upside the head. I really enjoyed the sassiness in Nina, she kept it real as she dealt with the challenges in their relationship. I loved their witty banter and sarcasm intertwined with the poignancy of how they dealt with the realistic challenges that arose in the development of their relationship.

Still Counting is an entertaining and modern story about the intricacies of romantic relationships.

Disclaimer: I received a copy of the book from the author / publisher in exchange for my honest review and participation in a virtual book tour event hosted by Chick Lit Plus Blog Tours.

http://jerseygirlbookreviews.blogspot.com/2016/02/still-counting-by-phil-fragass... ( )
  JerseyGirlBookReview | Feb 18, 2016 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,028,536 books! | Top bar: Always visible