Love Like Crazy by Megan Squires

by Megan Squires

312,001,085 (4)None

No tags.

Actual Rating: 2.5

(Yes, I rounded up, and you're about to find out why.)
I'm a hopeless romantic. That's all there is to it, actually. So when I picked up Love Like Crazy , I had anticipated some internal screams, or butterflies at the very least.

Did I get that?
Well, kind of.
But not really.

The way Megan Squires allowed the two stories to intertwine was amazing, although I did feel that the ending could have been tied up better. The one thing that kept me reading was the quirky dialogue between Eppie and Lincoln, and those were the moments I enjoyed the most.

For example: (And this isn't even the best one - I wouldn't want to ruin the hilarity)
“Quit making out in my kitchen," Dan asserted as he loudly entered the room, his voice reaching us first. "You're going to contaminate the food. Totally unsanitary.”
Although these patches were able to get me through the entire book, when I had turned the last page, I felt a lack of happy satisfaction.

Throughout the book, I had wondered the same thing about the relationship between Eppie and Lincoln - it was perfect. Too perfect, actually, and almost unrealistic. And this is a chicklit, I know, but the perfection of the relationship made the story too mild and boring for me (as someone who thrives of drama).

It felt a little like riding up on a roller coaster, and then realizing that there wasn't a drop at the end, just an endless flat plain that you had to slowly make your way through.

The more I talk about it, the more I realize how flat everything felt, and although they were cute and had their moments, the spark between the main characters seemed to diminish the longer the relationship progressed.

It felt as if Squires attempted to tie realism with adventure, which resulted in a novel that attempted to be exciting, but fell flat, save a few moments.

If you're a fan of cute and calm romances, this story could really get your heart racing (occasionally), but for any other reader, not so much.

Personally, I think I could describe this book in one gif.

Yeah, that about sums it up. ( )
  CatherineHsu | Mar 19, 2016 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,544,134 books! | Top bar: Always visible