Learn Italian: A Guide to Learning the…

Learn Italian: A Guide to Learning the Basics of a New Language

by Jenna Swan

This book is exactly what the title says it is. It's easy to understand and my mom and I sat around and had fun attempting to use our Italian. This is a book that will teach you the basics you need to get around on that dream vacation to Italy and you can learn it in a very short time! The layout of the book is very easy to understand, taking you through the basic structure of the Italian language and how to use it in a sentence. If you are looking for a quick introductory guide to Italian this is the perfect book for you!

I want to thank the author, Jenna Swan for providing me with the ARC through LibraryThing’s Giveaways program for an honest review. ( )
  sherribelcher | Jan 26, 2017 |
As I work with a number of italian people, whose english is a lot better than my (non-existent) italian, I thought this might help me out.

I don't think you could actually learn the language from this book, but I think it would make an excellent supplement, if you were taking a class as well. But I didn't find that it was basic enough for me to really learn from.

The sections have a brief explanation, followed by lists of vocabularly and short phrases. But sometimes the columns don't format properly.

Received from the author in return for an honest review ( )
  SaraAnn05 | Jun 26, 2016 |
A good little starter book for the person testing the waters of their interest. I wouldn't consider this a language study book but an introduction to studying Italian. I think it is good for a quick pre-learning book. It was very basic, not grammatically correct all the time and not in the top 20 books I've seen. ( )
  TheYodamom | May 5, 2016 |
I just started with the whole series, but the organizational structure is conducive to learning. I like the phonetics and the depth of the vocabulary list. I don't think I'm fluent, but it's a great reference. ( )
  kristincedar | Apr 28, 2016 |
I received a copy of this book in exchange for a review. It has a format that is easily understood. It shows the alphabet and its pronunciation before tackling other topics. it teaches you sentences for things such as booking a hotel room, it teaches numbers, the world’s countries, and so on. .This book has a good collection of vocabulary as well as ready-to-use sentences in many different situations., so you could get by on a trip to Italy.
  kaceeolsen | Mar 29, 2016 |

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Jenna Swan's book Learn Italian: A Guide to Learning the Basics of a New Language was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,724,194 books! | Top bar: Always visible