Learn Spanish: A Guide to Learning the…

Learn Spanish: A Guide to Learning the Basics of a New Language

by Jenna Swan

138723,089 (4)None

Well done! This series offers readers a way to get a jump start on a new language prior to taking a course in the language, a great guide for someone visiting a country for the first time, and a fun way to introduce new languages into Family Nights. Thank you Ms. Swan. This edition in particular has come in handy living and working in El Paso. ( )
  Mrs.Kaiser | Jul 6, 2016 |
I just started with the whole series, but the organizational structure is conducive to learning. I like the phonetics and the depth of the vocabulary list. I don't think I'm fluent, but it's a great reference. ( )
  kristincedar | Apr 28, 2016 |
Great Format for Baby Boomers!
This book is formatted to fit the way Baby Boomers were taught foriegn languages. The book makes learning, or relearning Spanish a breeze. ( )
  mnchkyn | Apr 4, 2016 |
This is a good book for someone who wants a refresher or for the brand new learner who wants additional help or areas to study. I think it would have been better had there been an audio or some sort included with it, as learning the spoken word is vital to any living language study. The vocabulary presented is good. However, there is little grammar presented, so unless you already know that, just using the vocabulary alone cannot provide anyone what he or she needs to become conversant or very knowledgeable. Again, this is a good companion book for the learner, regardless of his or her proficiency. I found it useful to supplement my other study of this great, beautiful language. The presentation was well done, with the chapters and material no too much or too little. I received this from Library Thing to read and review. ( )
  KMT01 | Apr 3, 2016 |
This book is filled with loads of practical vocabulary and tips for learning Spanish. It's well organized - almost textbook style - with a clear, and well thought out format. I do wish, however, that they had included some questions (possibly at the end of the sections) which would allow the user to test the newly acquired knowledge.

I received this book in exchange for my honest review
  HilaryA | Apr 3, 2016 |

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Jenna Swan's book Learn Spanish: A Guide to Learning the Basics of a New Language was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,449,216 books! | Top bar: Always visible