The Twisted Road to You by Barbara Longley

The Twisted Road to You

by Barbara Longley

I can't tell you how excited I was when I saw there was going to be another book in the Perfect, Indiana series. I am happy to say that Ms Longley did not disappoint with this book!

Wesley Holt is enjoying is life in Perfect. He's dealing with his PTSD in his own way and keeping his heart protected from any more hurt by not getting close to anyone. That is until his favorite waitress from the local diner is threatened. Carlie Stewart and her young son Tyler have been happy since coming to Perfect. Now though it seems her past has caught up to her so it appears their time in Perfect is up unless she is willing to put her faith in Wesley and his friends and believe his promise to keep them safe.

This book is extremely well done and I think you will fall in love with the characters just as much as I did. I know that domestic abuse is a real hot button for a lot of readers but know that there are no scenes of abuse in this story. It's in Carlie's past and the cause of her current predicament but the relationship between Carlie and Wesley is very loving and caring.

I highly recommend this one. ( )
  Bette_Hansen | Nov 3, 2015 |

Struggling with both PTSD and the trauma of his ex-wife's infidelity, retired Marine Wesley Holt seeks a simple civilian life. His favorite waitress at the Perfect Diner secretly stirs his heart. Yet Wes--scarred by betrayal and racked by guilt over his fallen comrades in Afghanistan--stays quiet, convinced he can never love again.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,278,396 books! | Top bar: Always visible