Off to See the Wizard by Clay Johnson

Off to See the Wizard

by Clay Johnson

322,001,085 (4)None
Recently added byNinaCaramelita, Akire32, Hanike

I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Off to see the Wizard, is one of those books I don't know where it'll take me. And to be honest, I wasn't very confident once I was facing a long list of witnesses, their functions and the entire va-va-voom. The only names I remembered were - ironically enough (you'll understand why when you read the book), Harvey and Kevyn Prevert (for obvious reasons).

Can't say for sure why, but I had difficulties getting into the story at first. No doubt who was talking. Always got a name and function prior to their testimonies, so that wasn't the problem.
Once I got to know the characters a bit better and those names weren't really necessary anymore, which made me somehow enjoy it a lot more! And what a joyride it turned out to be! I had a blast and often caught myself laughing out loud: Some situations they end up in, are so crazy it's ridiculous! I couldn't help visualizing it as some sorta Monty Python movie!

Definitely one of the funniest books I've read!! ( )
  NinaCaramelita | May 18, 2016 |
I received this book free in exchange for an honest review.

What happens after a great quest to save the world? Interviews taken from the investigation files of the Inquisitor General... This was very fast-paced and funny, although more than a little hung up on sex. I loved the deposition-style of story telling, and how the characters played off of each other to tell their version of "the truth". Highly recommended, though needed some proof-reading. ( )
  Akire32 | Apr 4, 2016 |

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Clay Johnson's book Off to See the Wizard was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,806,269 books! | Top bar: Always visible